Re: jetstream surf flat rate

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mutley, Apr 24, 2004.

  1. Mutley

    Mutley Guest

    "e=mc²" <> wrote:

    >"Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    >> When you go over 10GB does the connection speed really drop to 64k? Anyone
    >> have experience with this?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Chris
    >>
    >> --
    >> Chris Hope
    >> The Electric Toolbox Ltd
    >> http://www.electrictoolbox.com/

    >According to my usage from the Telecom site I have used 33GB. I can still
    >download at 34k/s so I havent had my speed reduced.

    Now that's some serious usage. :)

    Mutley, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Mutley

    Steven H Guest

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:32:15 +1200, Mutley wrote:

    > "e=mc²" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    >>> When you go over 10GB does the connection speed really drop to 64k? Anyone
    >>> have experience with this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Chris
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Chris Hope
    >>> The Electric Toolbox Ltd
    >>> http://www.electrictoolbox.com/

    >>According to my usage from the Telecom site I have used 33GB. I can still
    >>download at 34k/s so I havent had my speed reduced.
    >>

    > Now that's some serious usage. :)

    lol - last month my flat done ~ 38gb, dont look at me either it was my
    Flatmate

    Steven H, 3rd Year B.I.T. Otago Polytechnic

    ..net Geek

    Steven H, Apr 27, 2004

  3. Mutley

    Chris Hope Guest

    Steven H wrote:

    >>>According to my usage from the Telecom site I have used 33GB. I can still
    >>>download at 34k/s so I havent had my speed reduced.
    >>>

    >> Now that's some serious usage. :)

    > lol - last month my flat done ~ 38gb, dont look at me either it was my
    > Flatmate

    Interesting thing is since the plan dropped I'm still downloading at full
    JetStream speed. I suspect it may stay this way until my router has to be
    restarted but I don't dare restart it to see just in case!

    Chris Hope, Apr 27, 2004
  4. Mutley

    Mutley Guest

    Chris Hope <> wrote:

    >>> Now that's some serious usage. :)

    >> lol - last month my flat done ~ 38gb, dont look at me either it was my
    >> Flatmate

    >Interesting thing is since the plan dropped I'm still downloading at full
    >JetStream speed. I suspect it may stay this way until my router has to be
    >restarted but I don't dare restart it to see just in case!

    I'm now at 12.5 Gig to test this theory. Reset the router . Speed
    still 32Kb. So suck away before they fix it if they can..

    Mutley, Apr 27, 2004