Re: javascript Virus warning! plz help!

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Quivis, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. Quivis

    Quivis Guest

    In article <FCDfb.41863$>,
    says...

    -> while surfing I ve encountered a javascript warning(see: attachement),
    -> that a virus is on my system and a .exe file couldn't be removed - i
    -> havent found the file, and a virus scan (AVG) didnt alarm. What i'm
    -> gonna do? plz help!

    Does this code (from that page in the image) ring any bells:

    wurde ein Virus auf ihrem Rechner gefunden. Afghanistan.exe konnte
    nicht vom System entfernt werden. Fahren Sie den Rechner herunter und
    wenden Sie sich an ihren Systemadministrator!')"> <br><br><style

    You can rest easy. It's a joke, although lousy netiquette in my
    opinion.

    Q.
    Quivis, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Quivis

    Orlando Guest

    Quivis wrote:
    > In article <FCDfb.41863$>,
    > says...
    >
    > -> while surfing I ve encountered a javascript warning(see: attachement),
    > -> that a virus is on my system and a .exe file couldn't be removed - i
    > -> havent found the file, and a virus scan (AVG) didnt alarm. What i'm
    > -> gonna do? plz help!
    >
    > Does this code (from that page in the image) ring any bells:

    > wurde ein Virus auf ihrem Rechner gefunden. Afghanistan.exe konnte
    > nicht vom System entfernt werden. Fahren Sie den Rechner herunter und
    > wenden Sie sich an ihren Systemadministrator!')"> <br><br><style
    >
    > You can rest easy. It's a joke, although lousy netiquette in my
    > opinion.
    >

    > Q.

    heh! not quite a good one, indeed! thx for the info. how did you get it btw?
    Orlando, Oct 5, 2003

  3. Quivis

    Quivis Guest

    In article <6LYfb.62753$>,
    says...

    8>< /snip
    -> heh! not quite a good one, indeed! thx for the info. how did you get it btw?

    I typed the URL from the image in the location box in Firebird and away
    I went. Then it was just a matter of finding the same page you viewed,
    pressing Ctrl-U and presto, JS code galore.

    Incidentally, I got the same dialog you got, and in the same language
    (German), even though I'm using a Swedish system. Oh well... ;-)

    Q.
    Quivis, Oct 5, 2003