re: Janet Jackson

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by mark mandel, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. mark  mandel

    mark mandel Guest

    M.-----

    I was just searching in vain for today's paper(which I had the misfortune of
    tossing out to clean up this place)because of a column having to do with
    Janet Jackson's breast "unbaring" during the half time of the Superbowl.
    For it I had kept it I could have quoted exactly what the authors of the
    column said. But essentially in the article they expressed the opinion that
    Justin Timberlake's action with her evoked the memory of the sexual aspects
    to slavery in the South, that is to say the exploitation of the black female
    which in their view was very much part and parcel of the slavery experience
    in the antebellum South.

    You might offer me your "take" on that if you wish. I tend to think that
    everyone offers his or her own take of course depending on what their
    perception is. Joe Walker might readily agree for instance with that
    assessment. I'm not even sure what my stand on this is. The incident in
    and of itself hardly shocked me; I didn't see it and that wouldn't have
    mattered at all anyway if I had.

    Mark

    me

    mark mandel, Feb 7, 2004