Re: Jane Galt Exposed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Aardvark, Dec 30, 2010.

  1. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:00:31 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > Heres what the entity calling itself "Jane Galt" really is:
    >
    > Astroturfed Teabaggers PAID TO TROLL liberals online to enforce
    > corporate propaganda
    >
    > This is from an amazing article on the corporatist astroturfing
    > ingrained in our media and politics that I found on Alternet. It details
    > current Chinese and Western Neo-Corporate paid astroturfed trolling
    > online.
    >
    > *****For his film (Astro)Turf Wars, Taki Oldham secretly recorded a
    > training session organized by a rightwing libertarian group called
    > American Majority. The trainer, Austin James, was instructing Tea Party
    > members on how to "manipulate the medium". This is what he told them:
    >
    > "Heres what I do. I get on Amazon; I type in "Liberal Books". I go
    > through and I say "one star, one star, one star". The flipside is you go
    > to a conservative/ libertarian whatever, go to their products and give
    > them five stars. ... This is where your kids get information: Rotten
    > Tomatoes, Flixster. These are places where you can rate movies. So when
    > you type in "Movies on Healthcare", I dont want Michael Moores to

    come
    > up, so I always give it bad ratings. I spend about 30 minutes a day,
    > just click, click, click, click. ... If theres a place to comment, a
    > place to rate, a place to share information, you have to do it. Thats
    > how you control the online dialogue and give our ideas a fighting
    > chance."
    >
    > Over 75% of the funding for American Majority, which hosted this
    > training session, comes from the Sam Adams Alliance. In 2008, the year
    > in which American Majority was founded, 88% of the alliances money

    came
    > from a single donation, of $3.7m(13). A group which trains rightwing
    > libertarians to distort online democratic processes, in other words, was
    > set up with funding from a person or company with a very large wallet.
    >
    > <http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/12/29/932182/-EXPOSED:-

    Astroturfed-Teabaggers-PAID-TO-TROLL-liberals-online-to-enforce-corporate-
    propaganda>

    That certainly deserves a wider audience. I've added apse and snurled
    your link, mate:

    <http://snipurl.com/1qv90g>

    --
    Couldn't think of a sig. This'll have to do.

    Aardvark, Dec 30, 2010

  2. Aardvark

    Jenn Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:00:31 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    <snip>
    >> money came from a single donation, of $3.7m(13). A group which
    >> trains rightwing libertarians to distort online democratic
    >> processes, in other words, was set up with funding from a person or
    >> company with a very large wallet.
    >>
    >> <http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/12/29/932182/-EXPOSED:-

    > Astroturfed-Teabaggers-PAID-TO-TROLL-liberals-online-to-enforce-corporate-
    > propaganda>

    > That certainly deserves a wider audience. I've added apse and snurled
    > your link, mate:
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/1qv90g

    It's nice to know you now approve of cross-posting.
    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Dec 30, 2010

  3. Aardvark

    Jenn Guest

    Jane_Galt wrote:
    > ~BD~ <~BD~@nomail.afraid.com> wrote :
    >
    >> Jenn wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> <snip>

    >>> It's nice to know you now approve of cross-posting.

    >> He won't see your post, Jenn! ;-)
    >>
    >> Ask Jane to come to SE? ....... Please?
    >>

    > SE?

    alt.politics.scorched-earth
    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Dec 31, 2010
  4. Aardvark

    Jenn Guest

    Re: Greensburg KS

    Jane_Galt wrote:
    > "Jenn" <> wrote :
    >

    > Here ya go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensburg,_Kansas
    >
    > Like I asked, with whose money? Looks like they may be getting
    > government or insurance money to rebuild with.
    >
    > And they're gonna power the whole town with wind turbines. LOL!
    >
    > Joe: Hey Jake! The power went out again!
    >
    > Jake: The wind stopped blowin again!

    Evidently their town is where the wind always comes sweeping down the plain!
    <g>
    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Dec 31, 2010
  5. Aardvark

    Jenn Guest

    Re: Greensburg KS

    Jane_Galt wrote:
    > "Jenn" <> wrote :
    >

    >> Evidently their town is where the wind always comes sweeping down the
    >> plain!
    >> <g>

    > I thot that was ur state. LOL

    Kansas is a close neighbor so their flatlands get the same winds... least
    that's what I've heard. LOL

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Dec 31, 2010
  6. Aardvark

    Jenn Guest

    Re: Greensburg KS

    Jane_Galt wrote:

    >>> I thot that was ur state. LOL

    >> Kansas is a close neighbor so their flatlands get the same winds...
    >> least that's what I've heard. LOL

    > Yes, the winds that break downslope from Colorado. We break wind in
    > your direction. LOL

    ROFLOL!
    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Dec 31, 2010
  7. Aardvark

    Jenn Guest

    Re: Greensburg KS

    Jane_Galt wrote:
    > "Jenn" <> wrote :

    >> ROFLOL!

    > My dream is to live alongside a creek or stream that flows downhill
    > to the liberals in Denver. :)

    haaaaahaha funny lol
    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Jan 1, 2011
  8. Aardvark

    Buffalo Guest

    Re: Greensburg KS

    Jane_Galt wrote:

    > My dream is to live alongside a creek or stream that flows downhill
    > to the liberals in Denver. :)

    Wow, how about a stream that flows uphill to Denver?\
    Wouldn't that be great!!
    Buffalo
    PS: What a jerk you are in 2010 and what a moron you will be in 2011.

    Buffalo, Jan 1, 2011