Re: It's all about trust...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Philip Callan, Jan 13, 2005.

    **** it, save, urpmi unrar, unrar x, doh.

    > Initiate the file within the rar and focus on the centre for about a minute,

    wow.exe ugh, can I *ignite* it instead.

    strings rocks:
    This program requires Microsoft Windows.
    (how long till coders start writing 'This program requires Microsoft
    Windows or WINE)

    Pinwheel -- Press ESC to exit
    Pinwheel
    An Optical Illusion
    A spinning pinwheel will appear on
    your screen. Stare at the center for twenty
    seconds and then look away from the screen.

    > then look at your hand holding the mouse.

    Eeep.

    > It's an old one, but always a good'un.

    About Pinwheel
    Pinwheel
    By Troy Zerr February 1995

    Older than Win95! ;)
    --
    My other computer is your XP box.
    Philip Callan, Jan 13, 2005

  2. Philip Callan wrote:
    > Kreupele Slappe wrote:
    >
    >> **** it... never up never in, eh?

    > **** it, save, urpmi unrar, unrar x, doh.
    >>
    >> Initiate the file within the rar and focus on the centre for about a
    >> minute,

    > wow.exe ugh, can I *ignite* it instead.
    >
    > strings rocks:
    > This program requires Microsoft Windows.
    > (how long till coders start writing 'This program requires Microsoft
    > Windows or WINE)
    >
    > Pinwheel -- Press ESC to exit
    > Pinwheel
    > An Optical Illusion
    > A spinning pinwheel will appear on
    > your screen. Stare at the center for twenty
    > seconds and then look away from the screen.
    >
    >> then look at your hand holding the mouse.

    > Eeep.
    >
    >> It's an old one, but always a good'un.

    > About Pinwheel
    > Pinwheel
    > By Troy Zerr February 1995
    >
    > Older than Win95! ;)

    No shit, Sherlock.
    kootzOakkende Scheefgepoepte, Jan 13, 2005

  3. In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Philip Callan
    <>
    wrote
    on Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:27:15 GMT
    <7zvFd.67565$8l.44986@pd7tw1no>:
    > Kreupele Slappe wrote:
    >
    >> **** it... never up never in, eh?

    > **** it, save, urpmi unrar, unrar x, doh.
    >>
    >> Initiate the file within the rar and focus on the centre for about a minute,

    > wow.exe ugh, can I *ignite* it instead.
    >
    > strings rocks:
    > This program requires Microsoft Windows.
    > (how long till coders start writing 'This program requires Microsoft
    > Windows or WINE)

    A nice touch, that...unfortunately, that's probably part of the
    startup library code (the equivalent of crt1.so on Unix machines;
    I don't know the module name on Windows machines).

    > Pinwheel -- Press ESC to exit
    > Pinwheel
    > An Optical Illusion
    > A spinning pinwheel will appear on
    > your screen. Stare at the center for twenty
    > seconds and then look away from the screen.
    >
    >> then look at your hand holding the mouse.

    > Eeep.
    >
    >> It's an old one, but always a good'un.

    > About Pinwheel
    > Pinwheel