Re: It just won¢t die: Windows XP gets another six months

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mike Dee, Oct 6, 2008.

  1. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 18:34:15 +1300, thingy wrote:

    > It's not called ME2 for nothing...but it will be like XP, couple of
    > years and it will stabilise....

    Don't you mean, in a couple of years it will die, and become a
    (bad)memory/legend/joke like Windows ME (Millennium Edition)?

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Oct 6, 2008

  2. Mike Dee

    Geopelia Guest

    "Mike Dee" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 18:34:15 +1300, thingy wrote:
    >
    >> It's not called ME2 for nothing...but it will be like XP, couple of
    >> years and it will stabilise....

    > Don't you mean, in a couple of years it will die, and become a
    > (bad)memory/legend/joke like Windows ME (Millennium Edition)?
    >
    > --
    > dee

    I started with Windows ME. Is this Vista just an improved ME?

    The computer man says stay with XP.

    Geopelia
    Geopelia, Oct 6, 2008

  3. Re: It just won't die: Windows XP gets another six months

    In message <gccogc$96t$>, Geopelia wrote:

    > I started with Windows ME. Is this Vista just an improved ME?

    You could say that. I couldn't possibly comment. :)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 6, 2008
  4. Mike Dee

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: It just won't die: Windows XP gets another six months

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Geopelia" typed:
    > "Mike Dee" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 18:34:15 +1300, thingy wrote:
    >>
    >>> It's not called ME2 for nothing...but it will be like XP, couple of
    >>> years and it will stabilise....

    >> Don't you mean, in a couple of years it will die, and become a
    >> (bad)memory/legend/joke like Windows ME (Millennium Edition)?
    >>

    > I started with Windows ME. Is this Vista just an improved ME?

    No. However, Windows ME was pretty-much the worst version of Windows yet so
    when people say that Vista is Windows ME-2 they're saying that it's rubbish.

    > The computer man says stay with XP.

    On this one I'd have to agree with "The computer man" Geo.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Oct 6, 2008
  5. Re: It just won't die: Windows XP gets another six months

    In article <gccogc$96t$>, "Geopelia" <> wrote:
    (snip)
    >I started with Windows ME. Is this Vista just an improved ME?
    >
    >The computer man says stay with XP.

    Always listen to the computer guy ... particularly those that you agree
    with. :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 7, 2008
  6. Mike Dee

    Geopelia Guest

    Re: It just won't die: Windows XP gets another six months

    "Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote
    in message news:gce5h4$boo$...
    > In article <gccogc$96t$>, "Geopelia"
    > <> wrote:
    > (snip)
    >>I started with Windows ME. Is this Vista just an improved ME?
    >>
    >>The computer man says stay with XP.

    > Always listen to the computer guy ... particularly those that you agree
    > with. :)

    He knows his stuff and explains it very well.

    That clueless lot that made such a mess of things seem to have gone. The
    shop wasn't there last time I went past.
    Now I wonder why?
    Geopelia, Oct 7, 2008
  7. Re: It just won't die: Windows XP gets another six months

    In article <gcekhu$ue6$>, "Geopelia" <> wrote:

    >"Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote
    >in message news:gce5h4$boo$...
    >> In article <gccogc$96t$>, "Geopelia"
    >> <> wrote:
    >> (snip)
    >>>I started with Windows ME. Is this Vista just an improved ME?
    >>>
    >>>The computer man says stay with XP.

    >> Always listen to the computer guy ... particularly those that you agree
    >> with. :)
    >>

    >He knows his stuff and explains it very well.
    >
    >That clueless lot that made such a mess of things seem to have gone. The
    >shop wasn't there last time I went past.
    >Now I wonder why?

    Good to know the market sometimes works as it should. :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 7, 2008