Re: ISP data retention

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Evan Platt, Apr 13, 2009.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 16:27:32 -0400, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Actually, the history of your web experiences can easily be found.

    Depends on your browser, depends on your O/S, depends on how you have
    both configured.

    >Look in your browser directory for a folder named "temp" or
    >"temporary".

    These are generally in your Documents And Settings directory, but
    again, depends on your browser and O/S.

    >You'll find zillions of subfolders with long names you can't understand. Click one open and ooops. Oh there's that adult site
    >I visited two weeks ago.

    Zillions?

    Really?

    Me, personally, I have my broswers configured not to cache. So no
    history for me. No temp files.

    Evan Platt, Apr 13, 2009