Re: ISP data retention

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by why?, Apr 13, 2009.

  1. why?

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:12:41 +0100, remove wrote:

    >I heard (true or not) that some ISP's keep online activity for up to two
    >years.
    >If that is the case, it will include all purchases etc, passwords and
    >credit card and bank details.

    Yea right, that sort of stuff should be filtered out. If you order on
    sites using https then those sorts of details will be encrypted by
    default.

    >Who would be privvy to that information?????

    You wouldn't care to be more specific to country like the recent news,
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/11/data_retention/

    You know how to Google?
    http://www.out-law.com/page-348
    Draft Data Retention Directive 2006 (26-page PDF)
    Read the warning about age of documents.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_data_retention

    Me
    why?, Apr 13, 2009