Re: ISP data retention

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by wisdomkiller & pain, Apr 13, 2009.

  1. remove wrote:

    > I heard (true or not) that some ISP's keep online activity for up to two
    > years.
    > If that is the case, it will include all purchases etc, passwords and
    > credit card and bank details.
    > Who would be privvy to that information?????

    They just keep connection information, not content. In particular not
    encrypted content like passwords sent over ssl connections.
    Everything else would be illegal.
    Just when a observation is ordered, the data stream may be captured by
    whoever requested and has access to the "lawful interception" interface.
    wisdomkiller & pain, Apr 13, 2009