Re: ISP blocking VOIP (H323)

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by webhardy, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. webhardy

    webhardy Guest

    (spice) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I tried several different port numbers and I am getting the same
    > results. The ISP have some tools that might be blocking RTP or H245
    > message.
    >

    > "Stuart Friedman" <> wrote in message news:<pd66c.13159$>...
    > > Are you sure about this. There was a long discussion about how difficult
    > > this is to do on DSL reports. One of the participants was the president of
    > > a VOIP company (broadvox) and while we agreed that you could block ports
    > > that other than that any solution would impair performance of other
    > > applications such as online gaming.
    > >
    > > tu
    > >
    > > "spice" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > My ISP started blocking VOIP. I tried different port numbers and I
    > > > get the same results. We are using H323. Any suggestions?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > > sp

    I'd like to know where they block these ports. Are they blocking
    ports outbound (out of their network to me)? Are they blocking these
    ports at peering points? A friend of mine is trying to get a Cisco
    7940 working across cable and it looks like its not working because
    the ISP is not passing ports. On a side note, he tried IPBlue and it
    works fine but it appears that IPBlue is only using port 2000. Most
    of the ports required are passing UDP rather than TCP so is that a
    factor? Could the ISP just be blocking UDP?? Any thoughts would be
    greatly appreciated.

    webhardy, Apr 6, 2004