Re: isp advice..should i switch to adelphia from sprint dsl

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by chris, May 17, 2004.

  1. chris

    chris Guest

    Simplified connection

    DSL

    PC ---------->Dedicated -------------> DSL main switch --> all lines come in
    to here ------ (( Internet ))
    When main switch is full, no more connections

    Cable

    PC ----Dedicated---> Cable Node --------> Router -----> (( Internet ))
    When node is full, split node and add new routers.

    Not much difference

    DSL is not a dedicated internet connection in the sence they are marketing
    it to you. DSL bottlenecks at the central station where it is shared. Cable
    shares a little bit closer to your house.

    chris, May 17, 2004