Re: ISA server 2000/2004 firewall client, not compatible.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Ash Ridley, Jul 4, 2005.

  1. Ash Ridley

    Ash Ridley Guest

    > ISA 2004 wouldn't let 64bit workstations join the domain until ISA 2004
    > SP1 was applied to the ISA server. Before the service pack was applied
    > clients would fail when joining with an RPC error.

    My 64bit install has joined my SBS2000 domain (running ISA 2000) yesterday
    without a problem. Having said that my ISA 2000 is running SP2

    Has there been news on getting the firewall client running on 64bit XP?

    Ash Ridley, Jul 4, 2005

  2. no word yet. I'll certainly post as soon as I hear anything.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 4, 2005

  3. I have the ISA2004 firewall client running on x64.

    --
    Regards
    Christoffer Andersson

    Chriss3 [MVP], Jul 6, 2005
  4. Ash Ridley

    Ash Ridley Guest

    Care to share how on earth you managed that?!

    Ash Ridley, Jul 6, 2005
  5. Ash Ridley

    Ash Ridley Guest

    I was at an ISA seminar at Thames Valley this morning and spoke to a ISA
    Guru about this, apparently the 64bit Firewall client is about 2 months away
    (Unless Chriss3 can tell us how he got it working)

    "Ash Ridley" <> wrote in message
    > Care to share how on earth you managed that?!
    >
    > "Chriss3 [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > > I have the ISA2004 firewall client running on x64.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Regards
    > > Christoffer Andersson
    > > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    > >
    > > No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
    > > http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
    > >
    > > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in

    message

    Ash Ridley, Jul 20, 2005
  6. Ash Ridley

    Ash Ridley Guest

    Well here we are 2 months down the line, anyone seen any signs of a 64 bit
    ISA client?

    Ash Ridley, Sep 19, 2005
  7. No. And I'm still bugging my contacts about it. No sign of it at all. :(

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 19, 2005
  8. Ash Ridley

    Ash Ridley Guest

    I'm guessing theres still no news?

    Ash Ridley, Nov 11, 2005
  9. correct. Believe me, I'll post here and in the blog whenever there is news
    on this. :(

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 16, 2005
  10. Are there a version of the Firewall client of ISA 2004 for Win XP 64bits ?

    Where is ?

    Roberto Hernández, Nov 16, 2005
  11. No, there is not a publicly available one. As soon as one is available, I'll
    post and blog about it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 17, 2005
  12. Ash Ridley

    Ash Ridley Guest

    Looks like the waiting will soon be over

    http://blogs.msdn.com/volkerw/archive/2005/12/07/500930.aspx

    Has anyone got in on this yet?

    ?

    Ash Ridley, Dec 13, 2005
  13. Ash Ridley

    Ash Ridley Guest

    Well I was chosen to participate in the beta - I just wish I could
    participate.....

    The download is an update to the exisitng ISA 2004 client and you either
    need access to an ISA enterprise 2004 client share or a ISA standard CD and
    SP1 download file in order to use the thing.

    Unfortunately as I am an ISA 2000 user I have neither of these, sure in just
    under a weeks time I'll be back at the office and have access to our MSDN
    CD's but that doesn't help me now.

    It would have been nice if MS could have made a full client download
    available rather than have us mess around updating existing client shares or
    creating new ones from the CD!

    I'm currently downloading the ISA 2004 Std trial in the hopes that this will
    give me enough to work with.

    Grrrrrrrrrrrr

    Ash Ridley, Dec 30, 2005
  14. Ash Ridley

    Ash Ridley Guest

    However once you jump through those hoops (yes the trial download got me
    working) it does seem to work fine (so far)

    :)

    Ash Ridley, Dec 30, 2005