Re: ISA server 2000/2004 firewall client, not compatible.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Steve Foster [SBS MVP], May 9, 2005.

  1. Iain McWilliams wrote:

    > Steve Foster [SBS MVP] wrote:
    > > Iain McWilliams wrote:
    > >

    > >> ISA 2004 wouldn't let 64bit workstations join the domain until ISA

    2004

    > > SP1 was applied to the ISA server. Before the service pack was applied
    > > clients would fail when joining with an RPC error.
    > >
    > > How/why would ISA impact domain membership actions, unless either a)

    the
    > > workstations are outside the LAN, or b) ISA is installed on all the

    DCs.

    > ISA is installed on the only DC, an SBS 2003 server. Not recommended I

    know but worked happily with 32 bit XP.

    Ah, well, ISA2004 on SBS2003 is not currently a supported configuration
    (unless you're participating in the SBS2003 SP1 beta program). Domain
    join-ability would likely not be your only issue. <g>

    SBS2003 SP1 is getting close, and should take care of any niggles like
    this anyway.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], May 9, 2005