  1. BoaterDave

    BoaterDave Guest

    Crossposting and multiposting Troll extraordinaire.

    BoaterDave, Mar 30, 2010

  2. BoaterDave

    floffy3 Guest

    On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 02:03:38 -0400, "BoaterDave"
    <> wrote:

    >Crossposting and multiposting Troll extraordinaire.

    That why Many / majority use moderate forum
    more acurate answer then here to 24hour supporting troll
    flame and out of subjet/topic

    floffy3, Mar 30, 2010

  3. BoaterDave

    Mike Easter Guest

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> ~BD~

    >>> Dave - Guessing that Peter Foldes is masquerading as me - but *why*?

    Presumably you are guessing that because PF has posted with the same
    version number of OE to aioe. But it would be up to aioe to determine
    the IP address from which it was posted. If you complained, you could
    'steer' them in the direction of PF's other posts in your complaint.

    >> Did you have exclusive rights to the nickname?

    > No sir, as you know full well!
    >
    > However, my understanding is that a forgery, using someone else's email
    > address, is against the terms of service of the Aioe.org NNTP Server
    > and, indeed, the TOS of Eternal-September too.

    Each news server has its own policies. Each news server also has its
    own methods and difficulties of enforcing those policies.

    > Is this not the case?

    aioe does not have a written policy about forging. Their rules only
    require that the poster have a syntactically correct From. Forging
    might be considered to be under the vague category of netiquette.

    aioe also does not have a registration requirement; so that creates an
    extra level of difficulty for them to enforce anything.

    Here is their policy http://www.aioe.org/03.html and where you register
    your complaint is given in the headers of their message and the
    guidelines for complaining are here http://www.aioe.org/25.html

    > Has anyone any experience of reporting a 'forger' for abuse to either of
    > the organisations I have mentioned?

    Make the complaint. Gain the experience for yourself. It is a
    legitimate complaint and aioe has its methods of enforcing abuse of its
    news server.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 30, 2010
  4. BoaterDave

    Peter Foldes Guest

    If you can do it to me on the MS and other servers then don't complain if someone
    does it to you

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Mar 30, 2010
  5. BoaterDave

    Mike Easter Guest

    Peter Foldes wrote:
    > If you can do it to me on the MS and other servers then don't complain
    > if someone does it to you

    I believe that if that is your defense to aioe, then they will disagree.

    They will say that if you have a complaint about BD forging your email
    address on some news server, then you should complain to the news server
    he so posts to -- not that you get to practice such forgery using their
    aioe news server.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 30, 2010
  6. "BoaterDave" <> via

    > Crossposting and multiposting Troll extraordinaire.

    Sometimes my expertease just starts because
    I'm thinking about her nekkid and stuff up in my mind...
    That's not "wasted"; that's "preliminaries"!

    And that's OK, because in about 10-minutes,
    I'm fully loaded again... Whoo-whee!

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and *NO*,
    that is NOT a Jedi light-sabre in my pocket;

    Repent! The end is near....
    So, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 30, 2010
  7. BoaterDave

    Mike Easter Guest

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:

    >> Make the complaint. Gain the experience for yourself. It is a legitimate
    >> complaint and aioe has its methods of enforcing abuse of its news server.

    > I've considered it. It would, though, cause work for the server owner,
    > for which there would be no remuneration, and I feel that would be
    > unfair to waste his time. Should Peter Foldes persist in acting like an
    > idiot I may reconsider my position.

    The server owner takes on only whatever work he feels like he wants to.
    If he doesn't think your gripe has merit, he will ignore it. If he
    thinks it should be tended to, then he will do that.

    He is under no special obligation to you to do anything he doesn't want
    to do.

    (I think) The admin of aioe feels that he has some 'extra' motivation to
    run a relatively tight ship as well as he can; because his server does
    not require registration, it would appear to be an easy target for those
    who would do newsgroup abuse.

    (I theorize that) He doesn't like for his server to be considered that
    way, and I think that he goes to some lengths to enforce his ideas of
    what is 'right and wrong'.

    (But) I have no idea how he feels about forgery, but many news server
    admins feel very strongly about it and specifically include it in their
    rules. That includes those news server admins who have very liberal
    policies and don't want to hear about people being rude and inflammatory.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 30, 2010
  8. BoaterDave

    Mike Easter Guest

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:

    >> Presumably you are guessing that because PF has posted with the same
    >> version number of OE to aioe.

    > No, Mike - that means detailed investigation! You are usually sharp as a
    > needle, but this you missed .......

    Well, sometimes people think I'm being 'defensive' when I want to turn a
    fine point, but there is a (fine) difference between what you are saying
    and what I am saying.

    The post that PF appears to have forged in 24hshd is one thing; the
    post that PF appears to have forged in a.p.s. is *another* different thing.

    > In the header info. I posted, it showed that the original post was made
    > in alt.privacy.spyware. In that group the 'posted by' name used was
    > BoaterDave but he signed his post as Peter and used his normal sigtag
    > too! That's so easy to do! ;-)

    Yes. That is an illustration pasted of what happened in a.p.s.
    However, that same (exact) thing did not happen in 24hshd. What
    happened in 24hshd was that a presumed persona which had done a similar
    thing somewhere else appeared to be doing it again here, except without
    the sig 'error'/giveway.

    Keep your mind open. It is possible that a third party not PF did all
    of the above. Also that PF isn't really PF. The possibilities are
    endless in this game.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 30, 2010
  9. BoaterDave

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:44:12 +0100, ~BD~ wrote:

    > He used an *accurate* and *un-munged* address in his post!

    Stop whinging and just report the fucker.

    Aardvark, Mar 30, 2010
  10. BoaterDave

    Mike Easter Guest

    ~BD~ wrote:

    > It's taken me years to get him to
    > a group like this and Scorched-Earth. Excluding him will only push him
    > towards another newsserver won't it?

    And what exactly is your /purpose/ in 'get(ting) him to' this group - as
    a persona who top posts unrepentant/ly and persistently torments you in
    ways that you react in a disturbed way?

    Does this have something to do with your personality (condition)?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 30, 2010