RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Heidy, Apr 8, 2007.

  1. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives

    I downloaded a lot of software given that they have a 100% Moneyback
    Back Gaurantee for 30 Days
    See
    www.ascentive.com

    Do Broadband Speed Software help because this stuff from Ascentive is
    All Bells and Whistles Impressive looking Displays but when I checked
    the Broadband Speed with an Independent tester it was No faster.

    Any suggestions here

    Is Google Webaccelerator any good? I know its free?

    What about www.opendns.com ?

    difficult to configure

    The Only Software I was anyway impressived by was their Spymaster Pro
    cost $29-99 Usdollars it caught 6 spywares in my pc and removed them
    that Norton had Failed to catch not to Mention "The Cleaner" by
    Moosoft.com and Lavasoft too.

    What effective alternatives are there worth recommending in terms of
    quality software?

    What about freeware alternatives?

    Thanks,

    Heidy
    Service

    Good Quality Website But Expensive If you know a Better Value For Money
    Video On Demand Service or even Mirc www.mirc.com please feel free to
    contact me.

    Please remove the "NOSPAM" to reply

    Heidy, Apr 8, 2007

  2. Heidy

    hummingbird Guest

    On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 11:44:42 +0100 'Heidy'
    posted this onto alt.comp.freeware:

    >x-no-archive:yes
    >
    >RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives
    >

    >I downloaded a lot of software given that they have a 100% Moneyback
    >Back Gaurantee for 30 Days
    >See
    >www.ascentive.com
    >
    >Do Broadband Speed Software help because this stuff from Ascentive is
    >All Bells and Whistles Impressive looking Displays but when I checked
    >the Broadband Speed with an Independent tester it was No faster.

    Not surprising. No software can really improve your broadband speed
    - that's down to your inhouse connections and ISP networks etc. You
    can tweak your TCP settings to get them right and that may improve
    your speeds. Also, a lot of poor performance is not actually caused by
    broadband itself but by slow web servers around the world and having a
    super-fast ADSL connection will not improve that. The best s/w can do
    is to maximise bandwidth usage, download managers generally do this -
    FlashGet or FDM etc - both free.

    >Any suggestions here
    >
    >Is Google Webaccelerator any good? I know its free?

    Find out what it actually claims to do, then doubt it!

    >What about www.opendns.com ?

    I use OpenDNS as my default DNS service and find it quite good.

    >difficult to configure
    >
    >The Only Software I was anyway impressived by was their Spymaster Pro
    >cost $29-99 Usdollars it caught 6 spywares in my pc and removed them
    >that Norton had Failed to catch not to Mention "The Cleaner" by
    >Moosoft.com and Lavasoft too.
    >

    >What effective alternatives are there worth recommending in terms of
    >quality software?
    >
    >What about freeware alternatives?

    Stick around this newsgroup for a continuous stream of freeware for
    many purposes.

    hummingbird, Apr 8, 2007