RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Heidy, Apr 8, 2007.

  1. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives

    I downloaded a lot of software given that they have a 100% Moneyback
    Back Gaurantee for 30 Days
    See
    www.ascentive.com

    Do Broadband Speed Software help because this stuff from Ascentive is
    All Bells and Whistles Impressive looking Displays but when I checked
    the Broadband Speed with an Independent tester it was No faster.

    Any suggestions here

    Is Google Webaccelerator any good? I know its free?

    What about www.opendns.com ?

    difficult to configure

    The Only Software I was anyway impressived by was their Spymaster Pro
    cost $29-99 Usdollars it caught 6 spywares in my pc and removed them
    that Norton had Failed to catch not to Mention "The Cleaner" by
    Moosoft.com and Lavasoft too.

    What effective alternatives are there worth recommending in terms of
    quality software?

    What about freeware alternatives?

    Thanks,

    Heidy
    Service

    Good Quality Website But Expensive If you know a Better Value For Money
    Video On Demand Service or even Mirc www.mirc.com please feel free to
    contact me.

    Please remove the "NOSPAM" to reply

    Heidy, Apr 8, 2007

  2. Heidy

    J-McC Guest

    On principle I would NEVER use it as in my opinion anyone or company
    who uses shit tricks like taking over your browser and then launching
    page after page of telling me how wonderful their product is. I
    tried a quick look at another recently that was a registry
    tester/repairer. I ran it to see how good it was, If It was a medico
    telling me what was wrong with me I would have been calling the
    funeral home!!
    After watching it go through it's paces it then had the gall to tell
    me for $xx.yy as a super special I could buy the real thing and be
    saved forever. (sound like some of the door knocking bastards we all
    know of).

    I use IE7 and what i do with these pricks is add their name/URL to my
    list of restricted/bad/unwanted sites. If more people did this then
    maybe these arsoles would see the error of their ways and either go
    into a deep hole or use more legitimate ways to generate sales.

    I just hate parasites like this lot.
    JmC

    J-McC, Apr 8, 2007

  3. Heidy

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 11:48:05 +0100, Heidy <> wrote:

    >x-no-archive:yes
    >
    >RE: Is this Software A Rip Off?Any Experiences?Freeware Alternatives

    Tip: "google" isn't that hard to type into your browser.

    http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9902/05/webaccel.idg/index.html
    http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/browser/slow.html
    http://reviews.cnet.com/5420-6028_7-0.html?forumID=104&messageID=1764883&threadID=114131
    or
    http://tinyurl.com/yo6cy8
    and
    http://tinyurl.com/bffxq

    As for the rest, do your own homework.

    --
    You don't change the way people think by changing what they say.
    You change the way people think with HEADLESS CHARRED BODIES FLY-

    Mara, Apr 8, 2007
  4. Heidy

    thanatoid Guest

    Heidy <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    Do you perhaps get the feeling we've all pretty much had it with
    you? Next you'll asking how to clip your toenails with a
    computer.

    You never acknowledge let alone thank for any replies, and you
    are like a helpless and very annoying child.

    Why don't you join AOL and enlighten some forums there with your
    presence.

    And for ****'s sake stop posting the same question 3 times in 5
    minutes!

    But you're plonked anyway.