    enought the disc was off and gouged. Even since then I have only found one
    or 2 rattlers, and I notice employees shaking them as they stock shelves.

    AceoHearts
    AceoHearts, Apr 1, 2004

  2. AceoHearts

    Fire3Sky Guest

    >Well I do a few of the things you do some of the time, but I always check
    >for cuts and shake the box. And I tend to shake it like I am trying to get
    >the prize from the bottom of a cereal box. And if it rattles (like the disc
    >is off the spindle,

    I've shaken some boxed sets that actually sound like they have a ball rattling
    in them. I didn't buy the sets, so I'm not sure if it was a loose disc, or some
    sort of extra thing rattling around.

    Fire3Sky
    Fire3Sky, Apr 1, 2004

  3. AceoHearts

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On 01 Apr 2004 04:19:23 GMT, (Fire3Sky) wrote:

    >>Well I do a few of the things you do some of the time, but I always check
    >>for cuts and shake the box. And I tend to shake it like I am trying to get
    >>the prize from the bottom of a cereal box. And if it rattles (like the disc
    >>is off the spindle,

    >I've shaken some boxed sets that actually sound like they have a ball rattling
    >in them. I didn't buy the sets, so I'm not sure if it was a loose disc, or some
    >sort of extra thing rattling around.
    >
    >Fire3Sky

    Sometimes it is the disc spinning on the spindle. It sounds like a
    ball rolling round and round. Especially the 2 disc sets. You can
    tell when it is off the spindle, because it kind of goes thunk.

    I buy almost everything online and have returned my fair share of
    scratched discs. I think I have about 3 that have snuck through, but
    they still play. The disc not on the spindle is my biggest pet peeve,
    the second being the insert being torn when you rip that damn plastic
    off the top and bottom.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com
    Wild Coyote, Apr 1, 2004
  4. Wild Coyote <> wrote:

    > On 01 Apr 2004 04:19:23 GMT, (Fire3Sky) wrote:
    >
    > >>Well I do a few of the things you do some of the time, but I always check
    > >>for cuts and shake the box. And I tend to shake it like I am trying to get
    > >>the prize from the bottom of a cereal box. And if it rattles (like the disc
    > >>is off the spindle,

    > >I've shaken some boxed sets that actually sound like they have a ball
    > >rattling in them. I didn't buy the sets, so I'm not sure if it was a
    > >loose disc, or some sort of extra thing rattling around.
    > >
    > >Fire3Sky

    > Sometimes it is the disc spinning on the spindle. It sounds like a
    > ball rolling round and round. Especially the 2 disc sets. You can
    > tell when it is off the spindle, because it kind of goes thunk.
    >
    > I buy almost everything online and have returned my fair share of
    > scratched discs. I think I have about 3 that have snuck through, but
    > they still play. The disc not on the spindle is my biggest pet peeve,
    > the second being the insert being torn when you rip that damn plastic
    > off the top and bottom.
    >
    > --
    > Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >
    > Wild Coyote
    > wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    Good to see I'm not the only one that gets p-o-ed when those inserts get
    ripped from those f-ing stickers. (Can you say Digital Video Essentials
    (from DDD)?) And/or when it looks like it will get ripped if I open it.

    My other gripe is just when the damn cardboard box things are all banged
    up from being shipped/stocked/whatever prior to my buying it. E.g.,
    recent Buffy/Angel/X-Files/South Park/whatever; try and find one at Best
    Buy that doesn't look like somebody sat on it... Willing to put up with
    Costco's less sever longbox damage just to avoid that problem... (Liked
    that plastic better, though).
    Frank Malczewski, Apr 1, 2004
  5. AceoHearts

    Eric Guest

    <<Good to see I'm not the only one that gets p-o-ed when those inserts
    get ripped from those f-ing stickers.>>

    No, I hate it too, and I remember when it first happened... with
    "Beverly Hills Cop", and the sticker tore a long white stripe at the top
    of the insert cover. I was just stunned.

    Now I have notced, -- especially with newer Anchor Bay titles -- that
    some stickers on the tops and sides will start to rip the plastic when
    peeled off. The new issue of the original "Dawn of the Dead" did this
    ... the top label was so attached to the plastic of the case that it
    tore it when I peeled it off. The large side and bottom stickers that
    Paramount tends to use are also very troublesome to get off.

    Eric
    Eric, Apr 1, 2004
  6. AceoHearts

    Eric R. Guest

    (Eric) wrote in message news:<>...

    > Now I have notced, -- especially with newer Anchor Bay titles -- that
    > some stickers on the tops and sides will start to rip the plastic when
    > peeled off. The new issue of the original "Dawn of the Dead" did this
    > .. the top label was so attached to the plastic of the case that it
    > tore it when I peeled it off.

    Same thing just happened to me. What, does Anchor Bay WELD those things on, or what?

    -Eric
    Eric R., Apr 9, 2004