Re: Is this a virus/spyware???

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dan C, Feb 19, 2009.

  1. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:47:41 +0000, Sonja Faria Rosa wrote:

    > I started having this pop-up saying "the ntvdm has encountered an
    > illegal instruction" and some numbers that changes everytime it pops.
    >
    > I had a look on google and everyone that posted was having this problem
    > after trying to download some program. I didn't try to download anything
    > and just started having this.
    >
    > I use Windows XP Home ed. and Zone Alarm Security Suite that didn't
    > catch anything on this....
    >
    > Many thanks for any idea/help,

    I'd recommend that you format your hard drive *immediately*, before this
    gets really ugly.

    Dan C, Feb 19, 2009

  2. Dan C

    Buffalo Guest

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:47:41 +0000, Sonja Faria Rosa wrote:
    >
    >> I started having this pop-up saying "the ntvdm has encountered an
    >> illegal instruction" and some numbers that changes everytime it pops.
    >>
    >> I had a look on google and everyone that posted was having this
    >> problem after trying to download some program. I didn't try to
    >> download anything and just started having this.
    >>
    >> I use Windows XP Home ed. and Zone Alarm Security Suite that didn't
    >> catch anything on this....
    >>
    >> Many thanks for any idea/help,

    > I'd recommend that you format your hard drive *immediately*, before
    > this gets really ugly.

    Why do you post such rubbish. Some people may be ignorant enough to follow
    what you say. You would be doing them great harm if they followed your
    suggestion.
    You may think you're being funny or clever, but you are neither.
    Buffalo, Feb 19, 2009

  3. Buffalo wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:
    >> On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:47:41 +0000, Sonja Faria Rosa wrote:
    >>
    >>> I started having this pop-up saying "the ntvdm has encountered an
    >>> illegal instruction" and some numbers that changes everytime it pops.
    >>>
    >>> I had a look on google and everyone that posted was having this
    >>> problem after trying to download some program. I didn't try to
    >>> download anything and just started having this.
    >>>
    >>> I use Windows XP Home ed. and Zone Alarm Security Suite that didn't
    >>> catch anything on this....
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks for any idea/help,

    >> I'd recommend that you format your hard drive *immediately*, before
    >> this gets really ugly.

    > Why do you post such rubbish. Some people may be ignorant enough to follow
    > what you say. You would be doing them great harm if they followed your
    > suggestion.
    > You may think you're being funny or clever, but you are neither.

    Dude...its *linux* humor...you wouldnt understand.

    ^_^

    --
    http://www.palindeception.com/
    http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com
    §ñühw¤£f, Feb 20, 2009
  4. Dan C

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 12:11:55 -0700, Buffalo wrote:

    >> I'd recommend that you format your hard drive *immediately*, before
    >> this gets really ugly.

    > Why do you post such rubbish. Some people may be ignorant enough to
    > follow what you say.

    If they're THAT ignorant, they won't know how to do it anyway :)

    Aardvark, Feb 20, 2009
  5. Dan C

    Buffalo Guest

    §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    > Buffalo wrote:
    >> Dan C wrote:

    >>> I'd recommend that you format your hard drive *immediately*, before
    >>> this gets really ugly.

    >> Why do you post such rubbish. Some people may be ignorant enough to
    >> follow what you say. You would be doing them great harm if they
    >> followed your suggestion.
    >> You may think you're being funny or clever, but you are neither.
    >>

    > Dude...its *linux* humor...you wouldnt understand.

    It is still stupid to suggest that. I don't know why you think it's funny.
    Buffalo, Feb 27, 2009
  6. Dan C

    Buffalo Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 12:11:55 -0700, Buffalo wrote:
    >
    >>> I'd recommend that you format your hard drive *immediately*, before
    >>> this gets really ugly.

    >> Why do you post such rubbish. Some people may be ignorant enough to
    >> follow what you say.

    > If they're THAT ignorant, they won't know how to do it anyway :)

    Plain stupid.
    Buffalo, Feb 27, 2009