Re: Is There Device for Viewing Pics on TV?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by FOR7b, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. FOR7b

    FOR7b Guest

    >>I have a lot of digital pictures and those that I have scanned stored on my
    >>computer and would like to be able to show them to relatives on their TV.

    >Is
    >>there a device that will allow me to do this? I've tried burning to a CD

    >but
    >>this doesn't help unless the DVD player can play a CD with JPG files and

    >some
    >>don't.

    >Most all, if not every DVD player can play VCDs. See
    >http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

    I would actually buy a new DVD. You can buy a cheap one for $40 or less in the
    US that can play .jpgs and you'll save yourself the headache that many
    experience with VCD. VCD is a viable option but certainly not the easiest. I
    think it is worth spending the $40.

    FOR7b, Sep 7, 2003

  2. FOR7b

    Bob Galvin Guest

    Almost every current DVD player plays jpg files. Just check them out at
    their manufacturer websites and almost every one mentions the capability of
    playing these files although it may not say so on the box they come in. I
    agree with the other poster...it's better and cheaper to buy a new DVD
    player to display these files on a TV. This is what I did. I bought a new
    player last year for $49 and it works perfectly. Remember, there is a
    quality loss when using a software solution to make VCDs to display your
    pictures. A separate player showing jpgs does a much better job.

    "PEmpson181" <> wrote in message
    > >I would actually buy a new DVD. You can buy a cheap one for $40 or less

    in
    > >the
    > >US that can play .jpgs and you'll save yourself the headache that many
    > >experience with VCD. VCD is a viable option but certainly not the

    easiest. I
    > >think it is worth spending the $40.
    > >

    > I've looked and actually find very few DVD players that play VCDs or JPG

    files.

    Bob Galvin, Sep 7, 2003

  3. FOR7b

    Guest

    On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 20:49:22 GMT, "Bob Galvin"
    <> wrote:

    > Remember, there is a
    >quality loss when using a software solution to make VCDs to display your
    >pictures. A separate player showing jpgs does a much better job.

    There's no quality loss with Ulead DVD Picture Show. Considerably less
    space is taken up than jpgs, meaning you can get more pictures on a cd
    (yes - cd. You don't need a dvd). Picture quality is outstanding on a
    42in plasma screen.

    MJ

    , Sep 8, 2003
  4. FOR7b

    Bob Galvin Guest

    Ulead is exactly the software I used and I was not at all impressed by the
    results. The jpgs are MUCH crisper on a dedicated DVD player.

    Bob Galvin, Sep 8, 2003