Re: Is there ACDSee ini file?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jones, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Jones

    Jones Guest

    >I use version 3.1, and there is no .ini file. Why do you want to know, just
    >out of curiosity?

    I use the version 6 and I have to unistall ACDSee, with ini file I can
    preserve the old configuratio.
    I make a mistake?
    Thanks

    bye Jones

    Jones, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Jones

    VWWall Guest

    Jones wrote:
    >>I use version 3.1, and there is no .ini file. Why do you want to know, just
    >>out of curiosity?

    > I use the version 6 and I have to unistall ACDSee, with ini file I can
    > preserve the old configuratio.
    > I make a mistake?
    > Thanks
    >
    > bye Jones

    ACDSee Ver 3.2 keeps its info in the registry in:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACDSyatems\ACDSee32

    If the un-install deletes that key, you could export it as
    a .reg file before the un-install, and import it after the new
    installation. I do recall earlier versions having an .ini file.
    With most programs using an .ini file you can copy the old one
    someplace safe, and copy it over the new one after the re-installation.

    Virg Wall
    --

    It is vain to do with more
    what can be done with fewer.