Re: is the virtual desktop powertoy not available for x64 edition?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dshai, Jan 17, 2007.

  1. Dshai

    Dshai Guest

    Not functional on x64 systems.

    --

    Dshai

    Life is only limited by those living it...

    Dshai, Jan 17, 2007

  2. > Not functional on x64 systems.

    Keeping in mind that the Virtual Desktop powertoy came out before XP x64,
    what I wanna know is whether it's some artificial limitation imposed by the
    installer that can't ID the OS properly, or if there's some component that
    actually *cannot* run on x64.

    In other words, if it weren't for the installer's OS check, would it
    actually run?

    One way or another, I guess nobody within MS actually finds Virtual Desktop
    useful enough to recompile it for x64?

    Homer J. Simpson, Jan 17, 2007

  3. Dshai

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Even if you could get it to install, I doubt it would work. Doesn't it run
    off of the Windows taskbar? It'd be like Windows Media Player, you wouldn't
    be able to see the extra toolbar unless you ran the 32-bit Windows Explorer.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Jan 17, 2007