Re: Is the 8 mp Sony DSC-F828 about the Best Digital Camera out now?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Petzl, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Petzl

    Petzl Guest

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:31:07 GMT, "Paul D. Sullivan"
    <> wrote:

    >http://www.dpreview.com/articles/sonydscf828/
    >
    >This looks to be one very impressive camera.
    >
    >A Compact Flash slot? Way cool.
    >
    >I wish the 7x Optical zoom had image stabilization so that you
    >could do hand-held zoom shots beyond 4x or 5x zoom without
    >blurring, etc. Still, with a tripod, it would be awesome.
    >
    >Wish it had a remote control for those tripod long exposure
    >shots, wish it had AA rechargeables instead of proprietary, but
    >all in all, the ability to print full 8"x10" shots with 300 dpi
    >of detail is very cool.
    >
    >What do you all think about it?
    >
    >Yeah, $1300 is a lot, and I'm happy with my $800 Olympus C5050,
    >but man, what a camera this one looks to be...

    I do not know why Sony always leave out a remote control option?

    Petzl

    --

    scan your computer

    On line virus scanners available here

    "Trend Micro's free online virus scanner"
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    or
    "Panda ActiveScan"

    There are free virus detectors such as this one
    "AVG 6.0 Free Edition"
    <http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php>

    Check your computer for "Spy Bots"
    freeware available
    <http://security.kolla.de/>
    Petzl, Aug 21, 2003

  2. > I do not know why Sony always leave out a remote control
    > option?

    I KNOW - I find the remote to be indispensible when taking long
    exposures or macro/super macro shots. If I take a 16 second
    exposure at night, even the slight movement of pressing the
    shutter release button manually generates blurs.

    Man, I love my Oly C5050 - great camera.
    Paul D. Sullivan, Aug 22, 2003

  3. Petzl

    Bill Davis Guest

    In article <Sqe1b.3442$>, "Paul D. Sullivan"
    <> wrote:

    > > I do not know why Sony always leave out a remote control
    > > option?

    > I KNOW - I find the remote to be indispensible when taking long
    > exposures or macro/super macro shots. If I take a 16 second
    > exposure at night, even the slight movement of pressing the
    > shutter release button manually generates blurs.
    >
    > Man, I love my Oly C5050 - great camera.

    HUH?

    Sony has a perfectly fine remote control option for the 707-717 series.

    It plugs into the Accessory jack on the top of the lens barrel and has a
    horizontal slider that you can use for zooming - in addition to a shutter
    release button that works precisely like the cameras shutter release. You
    press it half way to take a focus reading, then the rest of the way to
    trip the shutter.

    Just look on their web site.

    --
    Bill Davis
    NewVideo

    Bill Davis, Aug 23, 2003
  4. Petzl

    Petzl Guest

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 02:11:11 -0700, (Bill Davis)
    wrote:

    >In article <Sqe1b.3442$>, "Paul D. Sullivan"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> > I do not know why Sony always leave out a remote control
    >> > option?

    >> I KNOW - I find the remote to be indispensible when taking long
    >> exposures or macro/super macro shots. If I take a 16 second
    >> exposure at night, even the slight movement of pressing the
    >> shutter release button manually generates blurs.
    >>
    >> Man, I love my Oly C5050 - great camera.

    >HUH?
    >
    >Sony has a perfectly fine remote control option for the 707-717 series.
    >
    >It plugs into the Accessory jack on the top of the lens barrel and has a
    >horizontal slider that you can use for zooming - in addition to a shutter
    >release button that works precisely like the cameras shutter release. You
    >press it half way to take a focus reading, then the rest of the way to
    >trip the shutter.
    >
    >Just look on their web site.

    I'll try to find it

    I have/had asked at some retail stores and they said it don't exsist?

    Petzl

    Petzl, Aug 23, 2003
  5. They don't include it? Sad.

    Paul D. Sullivan, Aug 23, 2003