Re: Is spell checking ever going to be fixed for 64 bit OE?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Antoine Leca, May 10, 2005.

  1. Antoine Leca

    Antoine Leca Guest

    En <news:Xns964B8FCBCE285drnortonyahoocom@207.46.248.16>,
    David R. Norton MVP va escriure:
    > only the 32 bit version of OE will spell check

    Yes.

    > and then ONLY if MS Office 32 bit is installed.

    Huh?
    The specifications for the speller interfaces appear pretty easy to
    understand (if not fully documented), so I do not see why you cannot publish
    another spell checker DLL that extend/replace MS one.
    Also, since AFAIR MS co-licensed this technology, I believe I saw
    independent offers from the original author, in particular for "unusual"
    languages.

    At least I am sure this existed for the 16-bit spell checker (I know, I am a
    nostalgic).

    Antoine
    Antoine Leca, May 10, 2005