Re: is sp2 reliable now

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D, Jun 23, 2005.

  1. relic wrote:
    > Kichi Makaguma wrote:
    > > I'm thinking about going to sp2. Is it reliable now?
    > >
    > > thanks

    > Yes it is. It is unchanged.

    and m$ won't release any non-security-related bugfixes!

    for maximum reliability, just use linux!

    * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D , Jun 23, 2005

    SgtMinor Guest

    * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x
    x , d 2 0 0 4 x x , d 2 0 0 3 x x , d 2 0 0 2 x x ) * * * wrote:

    > relic wrote:
    >> Kichi Makaguma wrote:
    >> > I'm thinking about going to sp2. Is it reliable now?
    >> >
    >> > thanks

    >> Yes it is. It is unchanged.

    > and m$ won't release any non-security-related bugfixes!
    >
    > for maximum reliability, just use linux!

    Should I use Linux SP2?

    SgtMinor, Jun 23, 2005

  3. SgtMinor wrote:
    > * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x
    > x , d 2 0 0 4 x x , d 2 0 0 3 x x , d 2 0 0 2 x x ) * * * wrote:
    >
    > > relic wrote:

    > >> Yes it is. It is unchanged.

    > > and m$ won't release any non-security-related bugfixes!
    > >
    > > for maximum reliability, just use linux!
    > >

    > Should I use Linux SP2?

    There is no SP2 because there have never been such a huge set of
    critical security bugs.

    * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D , Jun 23, 2005

    SgtMinor Guest

    * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x
    x , d 2 0 0 4 x x , d 2 0 0 3 x x , d 2 0 0 2 x x ) * * * wrote:

    > SgtMinor wrote:
    >> * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x
    >> x , d 2 0 0 4 x x , d 2 0 0 3 x x , d 2 0 0 2 x x ) * * * wrote:

    >> > and m$ won't release any non-security-related bugfixes!
    >> >
    >> > for maximum reliability, just use linux!
    >> >

    >> Should I use Linux SP2?

    > There is no SP2 because there have never been such a huge set of
    > critical security bugs.

    Oh, I see. Should I look for SP1 then?

    SgtMinor, Jun 23, 2005
  5. SgtMinor wrote:
    > * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x
    > x , d 2 0 0 4 x x , d 2 0 0 3 x x , d 2 0 0 2 x x ) * * * wrote:
    >
    >> SgtMinor wrote:
    >>
    >>> * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x

    >>> Should I use Linux SP2?

    >> There is no SP2 because there have never been such a huge set of
    >> critical security bugs.
    >>

    > Oh, I see. Should I look for SP1 then?

    <aside>
    He is not going to get it. ask about sp5 and see.

    What's in a Name?, Jun 23, 2005
  6. SgtMinor wrote:
    > * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x
    > x , d 2 0 0 4 x x , d 2 0 0 3 x x , d 2 0 0 2 x x ) * * * wrote:
    >
    > > SgtMinor wrote:
    > >> * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x

    > >> Should I use Linux SP2?

    > > There is no SP2 because there have never been such a huge set of
    > > critical security bugs.
    > >

    > Oh, I see. Should I look for SP1 then?

    No, no "service pack" for linux. All you (may) need is to update your
    system files and applications regularly. In fact there has never been
    any security holes for ordinary desktop users on linux.

    * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D , Jun 23, 2005
  7. What's in a Name? wrote:
    > SgtMinor wrote:
    > > * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x
    > > x , d 2 0 0 4 x x , d 2 0 0 3 x x , d 2 0 0 2 x x ) * * * wrote:

    > >> There is no SP2 because there have never been such a huge set of
    > >> critical security bugs.
    > >>

    > > Oh, I see. Should I look for SP1 then?

    > <aside>
    > He is not going to get it. ask about sp5 and see.

    hell, I'm trying to help him convert! (where are the screaming linux
    faggots now??)

    * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D , Jun 23, 2005
  8. * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x
    x , d 2 0 0 4 x x , d 2 0 0 3 x x , d 2 0 0 2 x x ) * * * wrote:
    > What's in a Name? wrote:
    >
    >>SgtMinor wrote:
    >>
    >>>* * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x

    >>>Oh, I see. Should I look for SP1 then?

    >><aside>
    >>He is not going to get it. ask about sp5 and see.

    > hell, I'm trying to help him convert! (where are the screaming linux
    > faggots now??)

    I think you're preaching to the choir.
    -max

    What's in a Name?, Jun 23, 2005

    old jon Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > What's in a Name? wrote:
    >> SgtMinor wrote:
    >> > * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x

    >> > Oh, I see. Should I look for SP1 then?

    >> <aside>
    >> He is not going to get it. ask about sp5 and see.

    > hell, I'm trying to help him convert! (where are the screaming linux
    > faggots now??)

    Had the Jehovah Witnesses at the door the other day trying to convert me.
    Told them to F off too. <g>. If I wanted linux, (and I`ve got knoppix 1) I`d
    use it.

    old jon, Jun 23, 2005

    Paul Guest

    > There is no SP2 because there have never been such a huge set of
    > critical security bugs.

    .....................that you've been told about.. (or find out about..)

    Paul, Jun 23, 2005

    Dark Cloud Guest

    SgtMinor wrote:

    > * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5
    > x x , d 2 0 0 4 x x , d 2 0 0 3 x x , d 2 0 0 2 x x ) * * * wrote:
    >
    > > relic wrote:

    > > > Yes it is. It is unchanged.

    > > and m$ won't release any non-security-related bugfixes!
    > >
    > > for maximum reliability, just use linux!
    > >

    > Should I use Linux SP2?

    If you mean like Xandros 3 SP2? No. Don't waste your time.

    DC

    Dark Cloud, Jun 26, 2005

    tab Guest

    linux has re-install 1and re-install 2 because it never crashes if you
    get it going, but installing software can be a freaking nightmare, and
    you lucky to get it running.

    Best to pay for an OS that you can at least install things on.

    tab, Jun 26, 2005
  13. tab wrote:
    > linux has re-install 1and re-install 2 because it never crashes if you
    > get it going, but installing software can be a freaking nightmare, and
    > you lucky to get it running.

    but once you get it to work, it will work well forever!

    > Best to pay for an OS that you can at least install things on.

    I don't need to pay for windows.

    * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i , Jun 26, 2005

    7 Guest

    tab wrote:

    > linux has re-install 1and re-install 2 because it never crashes if you
    > get it going, but installing software can be a freaking nightmare, and
    > you lucky to get it running.
    >
    > Best to pay for an OS that you can at least install things on.

    Windopes prices are going up and up and its right that we
    look elsewhere for software such as liveCDs

    In any case tab, you are known as 'that idiot' and nothing
    can change that. Even 15 year old kids are bringing
    out their own liveCDs while you still can't get past
    the gaga googa stage lost in windope la-la land to do anything.

    7, Jun 27, 2005

    pcbutts1 Guest

    WOW! thank you I will download and install Linux right
    away..........................................NOT.
    Do you ever have anything else to contribute.

    pcbutts1, Jun 27, 2005

    GeneralPF Guest

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:44:44 GMT, pcbutts1 assert()ed:
    > WOW! thank you I will download and install Linux right
    > Do you ever have anything else to contribute.

    Yeah, that 7 guy is way over the top. First he claimed that you can't
    open Word documents in Microsoft Office, now this. It's really pathetic.
    Part of me suspects he works for Microsoft, sabotaging grassroots Linux
    activism.

    --
    Linux 2.4.22-1.2199.4.legacy.nptl athlon GNU/Linux
    15:45:01 up 25 days, 19:22, 6 users, load average: 0.41, 0.14, 0.10

    GeneralPF, Jun 27, 2005