Re: Is Key selling our sole to the Devil.?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bruce Sinclair, Mar 17, 2011.

  1. In article <>, Mutlley <> wrote:
    (snip)
    >They would both sell our soles for a FTA with the US..

    I don't like flat fish of any sort, so if we can get money for them, great !
    Sell them all. :)

    Still completely OT in .nz.comp of course.

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 17, 2011

  2. In article <ilrhcu$601$-september.org>,
    says...

    > In article <>, Mutlley <> wrote:
    > (snip)
    > >They would both sell our soles for a FTA with the US..

    > I don't like flat fish of any sort, so if we can get money for them, great !
    > Sell them all. :)
    >

    > Still completely OT in .nz.comp of course.

    Au contraire, my dear Watson: sole are a delicious fish. Having said that, the
    North Sea sole have it over the NZ ones, whereas the NZ flounder has it over
    the North Sea flounders, taste-wise.

    And the OP flounders with his spelling, as usual ... halibut used his sense
    checker as well as the spell checker. Oh well.

    O.t.o.h. if it's the soles of our feet that are about to be sold off cheap to
    the Chinese and the 'mercans, then I am dead set against it.

    Looks like the stupid gov'mint are already set to trade our telecommunications
    infrastructure to Telecom yet again and give them money into the bargain for
    taking it. Ye gods, just how dumb ARE these politicos? (And that is on topic
    for nz.comp).

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Mar 18, 2011

  3. Bruce Sinclair

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:49:38 +1300, Peter Huebner
    <> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >Au contraire, my dear Watson: sole are a delicious fish. Having said that, the
    >North Sea sole have it over the NZ ones, whereas the NZ flounder has it over
    >the North Sea flounders, taste-wise.

    Couldn't agree more. And, at the risk of being lynched, I also think
    that cold water lobsters have it over NZ crayfish and lobsters from
    warmer waters (Hawai'i, Caribbean, etc). Not that I'd say no to any of
    them and have enjoyed all of them.

    >And the OP flounders with his spelling, as usual ... halibut used his sense
    >checker as well as the spell checker. Oh well.

    I wonder if his herring is also defective ...

    Donchano, Mar 18, 2011
  4. Bruce Sinclair

    victor Guest

    On 21/03/2011 1:04 p.m., Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article<>, Peter Huebner<> wrote:
    > (snip)
    >> Looks like the stupid gov'mint are already set to trade our telecommunications
    >> infrastructure to Telecom yet again and give them money into the bargain for
    >> taking it. Ye gods, just how dumb ARE these politicos? (And that is on topic
    >> for nz.comp).

    > Indeed it is. And sadly relevant.<sigh>
    > I was hugely hopeful that the gummint might decide to own the fiber (like
    > the roads, and more recently, rail again) as basic infrastructure. Sadly,
    > that is looking unlikely. Well, as usual when it comes to politics, my
    > hopes and reality fail to converge. :)

    Stephen Joyce, mission accomplished, wonder what his payoff is ?

    victor, Mar 20, 2011
    (snip)

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 21, 2011
  6. In article <im61mo$o01$>, victor <> wrote:
    >On 21/03/2011 1:04 p.m., Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >> In article<>, Peter

    > Huebner<> wrote:
    >> (snip)
    >>> Looks like the stupid gov'mint are already set to trade our

    > telecommunications
    >>> infrastructure to Telecom yet again and give them money into the bargain for
    >>> taking it. Ye gods, just how dumb ARE these politicos? (And that is on topic
    >>> for nz.comp).

    >> Indeed it is. And sadly relevant.<sigh>
    >> I was hugely hopeful that the gummint might decide to own the fiber (like
    >> the roads, and more recently, rail again) as basic infrastructure. Sadly,
    >> that is looking unlikely. Well, as usual when it comes to politics, my
    >> hopes and reality fail to converge. :)
    >>

    >Stephen Joyce, mission accomplished, wonder what his payoff is ?

    I too would like to think that it is corruption rather than incompetence ...
    but sadly, fear it isn't. :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 22, 2011