Re: Is it possible to share this type of connection?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by TehRabbitt, Nov 22, 2008.

  1. TehRabbitt

    TehRabbitt Guest

    Kyote wrote:
    > I'm needing to switch to Verizon Wireless USB broadband. Is it
    > possible to share such a connection with the other computers on my
    > home network?

    It is possible, however it is against the Verizon Wireless ToS. If they
    catch you doing this (by seeing a more than usual traffic amount coming
    over your USB adapter) they can terminate your service and bill you
    cancellation fees. If you wish to do this, Just install a regular
    10/100 NIC in a desktop computer that will be "always-on" and plug the
    USB adapter into that PC. set it up with NCS in windows so that it
    bridges / shares the connection over to the Ethernet jack. then use a
    crossover cable to connect the computer to a hub or switch so you can
    share the connection. if you are looking to have wireless, you would
    need a wireless access point, connect it to the switch as well, and
    enjoy!. Again however this is in violation of the Verizon ToS and can
    have your account terminated!

    -TehRabbitt
    TehRabbitt, Nov 22, 2008