Re: Is it horribly obvious?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by David Hare-Scott, Jul 3, 2013.

  1. Dudley Hanks wrote:
    > Is it horribly obvious that this pic has been merged from three
    > other images?
    >
    > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/pics/MergedPic.png
    >
    > I tried something a bit different.
    >
    > First, I made a template by reducing the exposure level until
    > about a quarter of the pic was reduced to black.
    >
    > Second, made a bright template by overexposing until about a
    > quarter was solid white.
    >
    > Then, using the two templates, I used a Perl script to take the
    > brightest quarter of a slightly underexposed pic and the darkest
    > quarter of a slightly overexposed pic, and merged them with the
    > closest thing I had to a properly exposed version of the
    > pic.
    >
    > Just wondering if the stitching is glaring...
    >
    > Take Care,
    > Dudley

    To my eyes the stitching isn't that obvious. Other than the tilt that has
    already been mentioned the thing that stood out were the artifacts. The
    whole image is covered with little pale spots, some PP guru might tell you
    what exactly you have done to create them.

    David Hare-Scott, Jul 3, 2013