Re: Is is a good idea to get anonymous web surfing program?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Oct 31, 2008.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:38:26 -0700, "Robert" <>
    wrote:

    >If it is good idea, please advice me a name of a good program.
    >

    >Thanks,
    >

    >Rob

    It is purely a myth that says you can surf the "net" anonymously.
    There is a little thing on your computer called a "physical address".
    This is how the ISP tracks what you do on the net.
    They could care less what stealth program you might have.

    What they don't know is, who actually is using that address.

    So why use a stealth program? If they want to find you, they will.

    But don't believe what you see on CSI shows. Tha'ts bullshit from
    hollywood.
    richard, Oct 31, 2008

  2. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:03:47 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >It is purely a myth that says you can surf the "net" anonymously.

    To a point, no it's not a myth.

    >There is a little thing on your computer called a "physical address".

    HUH? You mean a MAC Address?

    >This is how the ISP tracks what you do on the net.
    >They could care less what stealth program you might have.

    When surfing anonymously, the surfing would have to be tracked back to
    your ISP.

    So if I use a proxy in China, the proxy would have to give up my IP to
    the police or FBI or whoever.

    >What they don't know is, who actually is using that address.

    Uhhh what?

    >So why use a stealth program? If they want to find you, they will.

    Not if you do it right.

    >But don't believe what you see on CSI shows. Tha'ts bullshit from
    >hollywood.

    And what is that?
    Evan Platt, Oct 31, 2008

  3. On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:44:38 -0700, Evan Platt aided th' terraists with
    the following claims :

    > On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:03:47 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>It is purely a myth that says you can surf the "net" anonymously.

    > To a point, no it's not a myth.
    >
    >>There is a little thing on your computer called a "physical address".

    > HUH? You mean a MAC Address?

    Jesus...knowing this makes me the smartest kid in class???

    GO HERE:
    http://www.klcconsulting.net/Change_MAC_w2k.htm

    FYI
    HTH

    http://i35.tinypic.com/2czc1ua.jpg
    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 1, 2008
  4. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 09:57:19 -0700, §ñühwØ£f <>
    wrote:

    >Jesus...knowing this makes me the smartest kid in class???
    >
    >GO HERE:
    >http://www.klcconsulting.net/Change_MAC_w2k.htm

    And you're telling me why?

    I know this. You can also change it via regedit. No program necessary.
    :)
    Evan Platt, Nov 1, 2008