Re: Is George Preddy still around??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by David Kilpatrick, Feb 6, 2005.

  1. George was NOT very well versed - he was a troll with a habit of
    exaggerating mythical qualities and making Sigma look stupid, and it
    wasn't his real name. I use an SD10 and in context the Foveon thing is
    wonderful; compared to other DSLRs I use and have tested in the last
    year, the SD10 has had almost zero 'issues' to address and if you can
    live with 3.4 megapixels, it's unmatched for a photo-real image.

    I departed from rec.photo.digital some time ago partly because of the
    amount of time wasted countering GP's ridiculous claims.

    DK

    --
    Icon Publications Ltd - f2, Master and Photoworld magazines
    Resources and links to all our websites, music and picture sales

    David Kilpatrick, Feb 6, 2005

  2. In article <cu5l6q$rgc$>,
    says...
    > I use an SD10 and in context the Foveon thing is
    > wonderful; compared to other DSLRs I use and have tested in the last
    > year, the SD10 has had almost zero 'issues' to address and if you can
    > live with 3.4 megapixels, it's unmatched for a photo-real image.

    Er:

    Ugly color casts
    RAW only
    Low spatial resolution
    Aliasing
    Limited lens selection

    I could go on, but I won't.
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

    Brian C. Baird, Feb 6, 2005

  3. David Kilpatrick

    thief Guest

    "David Kilpatrick" <> wrote in message

    >I use an SD10 and in context the Foveon thing is wonderful; compared to
    >other DSLRs I use and have tested in the last year, the SD10 has had almost
    >zero 'issues' to address and if you can live with 3.4 megapixels, it's
    >unmatched for a photo-real image.<

    --

    Welcome back George.

    thief, Feb 6, 2005
  4. In article <cu5l6q$rgc$>, David Kilpatrick
    <> wrote:

    > George was NOT very well versed - he was a troll with a habit of
    > exaggerating mythical qualities and making Sigma look stupid, and it
    > wasn't his real name. I use an SD10 and in context the Foveon thing is
    > wonderful; compared to other DSLRs I use and have tested in the last
    > year, the SD10 has had almost zero 'issues' to address and if you can
    > live with 3.4 megapixels, it's unmatched for a photo-real image.

    Like those Homer Simpson skin tones, do you?

    Randall Ainsworth, Feb 7, 2005
  5. David Kilpatrick

    Des Perado Guest

    > and making Sigma look stupid