Re: Is firefox trash like some people say or worth downloading?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by John Doe, Oct 9, 2008.

  1. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    fragallrock <> wrote:

    > Is firefox worth downloading as I have heard a lot of horror
    > stories where peoples browser keep crashing horribly. :eek:
    > I dont want to take any risks my browser must be rock steady and
    > not some buggy piece of junk that crashes every 5 mins. :rolleyes:
    > Oppinions please everyone. :confused:

    Take a deep breath... relax.

    I'm running Windows XP SP3 and the latest version of Firefox 3.0.3.
    Thanks to Windows XP memory management vast improvement over Windows
    98/xx, I can leave my computer on for days at a time instead of
    having to reboot several times every day. I started using Firefox a
    month or so ago and it has not crashed a single time. I guess it
    depends on your system, my system is well configured and maintained.

    I'm sensitive to how programs interact with Windows because I use of
    automation for doing redundant things. Besides what in my opinion
    are better features than Internet Explorer 6, I can sense that
    Firefox is less encumbered by its coding. Maybe partly thank to more
    efficient coding, Firefox plays better with NaturallySpeaking, that
    is a big plus here. I can rattle off voice activated scripts while
    browsing without script failure like in Internet Explorer. It's not
    just another pretty face.

    For a casual user to complain about some technical thing is not
    unusual. But a significant portion of the time, the casual user just
    doesn't know what he (or she) is doing. Some programs work better in
    one configuration than they do in another.

    Nobody can guarantee it's going to work for you on your system.
    However, seems to me that it is a better written program. The
    average user should have less trouble with Firefox than he does with
    Internet Explorer.

    --
    The first big front wheel rollerblades.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/2565924423/

    John Doe, Oct 9, 2008

  2. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    I wrote:

    > I'm sensitive to how programs interact with Windows because I use of
    > automation for doing redundant things. Besides what in my opinion
    > are better features than Internet Explorer 6, I can sense that
    > Firefox is less encumbered by its coding. Maybe partly thank to more
    > efficient coding, Firefox plays better with NaturallySpeaking, that
    > is a big plus here. I can rattle off voice activated scripts while
    > browsing without script failure like in Internet Explorer.

    With lots more practice, that still proves to be true. Very nice being
    able to verbally interact with Firefox when pages are loading without
    having to wait for some unspecified amount of time like I had to wait
    with Internet Explorer.

    Yea.
    Probably should have switched long ago.

    John Doe, Oct 23, 2008