    constant licking to the point where her fur disappears) seems to have
    gone away after the switch. I guess in some cases, dry is better.
    , Feb 11, 2005

  2. Jimbob Guest

    Dry is better for their teeth too, less ash = better for their kidneys.
    Science diet is a good brand to use.
    Jimbob, Feb 11, 2005

  3. Roger Guest

    On 10 Feb 2005 16:21:05 -0800, wrote:

    >I switched our cat from canned to dry, and only give her canned as a
    >treat about once every 2 weeks or so. She's been better off with the
    >dry, as far as I can tell. In addition, her allergy (manifested by
    >constant licking to the point where her fur disappears) seems to have
    >gone away after the switch. I guess in some cases, dry is better.

    They generally need both, but the ratios vary from cat to cat.

    Given both they generally will pick one or the other, or choose
    differently throughout the day.

    The allergy/licking problem indicates a trip to the vet. Cats are
    constantly bathing. That tongue serves as a wash cloth, towel, and
    toilet paper. Its so rough that if they start licking your arm it
    will start to hurt in a short time. They tend to have barbs in the
    strangest places.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com
    Roger, Feb 14, 2005