Re: Is anyone being bombarded with the worm_swen.a worm?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Barry Watzman, Sep 21, 2003.

  1. I'm getting almost 3,000 per day now (about 2-3 per minute). It's a
    real problem. If I don't check my mailbox for an hour or so, it fills
    up (I'm talking about my mailbox at my ISP) and my legitimate E-Mail is
    lost, not to mention that it's difficult just sorting through them
    (although I've got that down pretty good now).

    Barry Watzman, Sep 21, 2003

  2. Barry Watzman

    Allen Howell Guest

    Yeah, I've gotten those too. I have also received many from a supposed ebay
    sight needing to confirm my account. They all ask for
    Credit card #
    Pin #
    4 digit ccn #
    SSN #
    Birthdate
    mothers maiden name
    ebay account #
    ebay password
    Are there really people out there falling for this crap?

    Allen

    Allen Howell, Sep 22, 2003

  3. My ISP (Road Runner) is scanning, but that doesn't totally solve the
    problem.

    In the first place, they are not catching everything.

    In the second place, while they scan and remove the virus, the don't
    kill the message, they still send it with a note that it had a virus
    which they have removed. Problem is, when you are getting 4,000 of
    these per day, it STILL fills up your inbox.

    I had a new one this morning, also:

    Subject "Your credit card has been charged $234.81". The body says that

    Barry Watzman, Sep 22, 2003
  4. Barry Watzman

    RussS Guest

    Yup - lots of people are falling for it I should think. At least going by
    the number of calls I have been getting.

    ---

    RussS, Sep 22, 2003