    rock Guest

    Yes i have, and i've been sending then directly to their isp's as soon
    as they show up, they must think we are stupid!

    rock, Sep 20, 2003

  2. rock <> wrote in

    > Yes i have, and i've been sending then directly to their isp's as soon
    > as they show up, they must think we are stupid!

    If you send them to the isp's...you are....well...also stupid.
    The worm gathers up all email addresses from the infected computer (as well
    as other info) and sends out those emails all by itself. In effect, you're
    receiving emails from people who don't even know: 1. their pc is infected,
    and 2. the worm is sending emails out.

    Joel

    Joel Whitburn, Jr., Sep 20, 2003

  3. Re: "Yes i have, and i've been sending then directly to their isp's"

    You are making things worse, not better. The return addresses are
    "spoofed" and do not indicate who the message REALLY came from. In the
    meantime, you are increasing internet traffic, and by keeping it alive,
    you are slightly increasing the chance that the message sent to you will
    end up, ultimately, infecting someone somewhere.

    Just delete them, that's all that you can do.

    Barry Watzman, Sep 20, 2003
  4. rock

    rock Guest

    hey, excuse, i said i was turning them into their isp's, watch your
    tongue

    rock, Sep 22, 2003
  5. rock

    rock Guest

    and excuse me, one more thing, woulden't their isp's be the ones who
    need to tell them whats going on with their e-mails?
    seems like common sense to me to report to the people from where they
    have their accounts does it not?

    rock, Sep 22, 2003
  6. rock

    RussS Guest

    Nope, not at all. What shows as their ISP is more than probably just
    spoofed. Your contacting their ISP is along the lines of passing on virus
    alerts - a waste of bandwidth and not something an IT professional should
    bother with.

    ---

    RussS, Sep 22, 2003