Re: Is Anchor Bay 2nd Best After Criterion ?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Eric R., Aug 22, 2003.

  1. Eric R.

    Eric R. Guest

    Harold Butterass <> wrote in message

    > When someone says "It's an Anchor Bay release", is it understood that
    > the end product will be one of high standards?

    If by "high standards" you mean "substandard print with serious
    brightness/contrast and color problems" then yes.

    > If not, which other companies get respect like Criterion ?

    None?

    -Eric
    Eric R., Aug 22, 2003

  2. Eric R.

    Moviezzz Guest

    Is Anchor Bay still active? I heard that when one of the main guys there left
    to start up Blue Underground he did it because Anchor Bay was going to be
    closing down. Without any big announcements in a while and with many titles
    (such as the Wim Wenders series) never announced, I'm getting worried.

    They are a great company.
    Moviezzz, Aug 22, 2003

  3. On 22 Aug 2003 14:47:02 GMT, ospam (Moviezzz) wrote:

    >Is Anchor Bay still active? I heard that when one of the main guys there left
    >to start up Blue Underground he did it because Anchor Bay was going to be
    >closing down. Without any big announcements in a while and with many titles
    >(such as the Wim Wenders series) never announced, I'm getting worried.
    >
    >They are a great company.

    Just issued two disc sets of Halloween and Day of the Dead, three disc
    set of The Cheerleaders, Xena 2 and The Hills Have Eyes coming in
    September. Plus a bunch of kids and exercise titles. Seem to be going
    fine.

    John Harkness
    John Harkness, Aug 22, 2003
  4. Eric R.

    jayembee Guest

    ospam (Moviezzz) wrote:

    > Is Anchor Bay still active?

    Well, in the last couple of weeks, I've bought the HALLOWEEN
    25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION and HIGHLANDER: SEASON 2, so I'd
    say "yes".

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Aug 22, 2003