Re: Is Anchor Bay 2nd Best After Criterion ?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by ML-78, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. ML-78

    ML-78 Guest

    > When someone says "It's an Anchor Bay release", is it understood that
    > the end product will be one of high standards? Is it a foregone
    > conclusion that the DVD should be purchased ?
    >
    > If not, which other companies get respect like Criterion ?

    I don't think any company is as highly regarded as Criterion, but Anchor Bay and
    Image generally make quality releases. Blue Underground is relatively new but
    would so far be considered in the same league. Same with more niche oriented
    companies like Kino and Eureka.

    On the other end of the scale there's such companies as Madacy and Alpha.

    ML-78

    ML-78, Aug 22, 2003