Re: Is a laptop good enough for all-day-long work?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Evan Platt, Mar 16, 2009.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:52:52 -0400, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Older laptops are not meant to be workhorses for today's environment.
    >I have an old IBM thinkpad with a PII in it and it just sucks.
    >
    >I currently have an Acer aspire 7520 with an AMD athlon which is on
    >practically 24/7 with only a few minor problems here and there.
    >Usually a hard reboot cures those.
    >
    >From what I gather,what you need is a laptop suited to your needs.
    >Not one that's ancient history.
    >
    >You might also look at a small size tower for your use. Easy to carry
    >around but might be a bit awkward in some locations.

    That's certainly a viable alternative - instead of a laptop, carry
    around a small desktop, LCD, power cables....

    What world do you live in?

    Evan Platt, Mar 16, 2009