Re: Irritating Alarm Noise

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Derek White, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Derek White

    Derek White Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Check for overheating. Make sure that your fans are working
    > correctly; clean the inside of your box so that it is free of
    > dirt and dust. You can use a can of compressed air to do this.
    >
    > Try running the machine with the case cover off and a desktop
    > fan aimed at the insides.

    Thanks Mike. I appreciate your advice.
    Derek White, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Derek White

    °Mike° Guest

    Check for overheating. Make sure that your fans are working
    correctly; clean the inside of your box so that it is free of
    dirt and dust. You can use a can of compressed air to do this.

    Try running the machine with the case cover off and a desktop
    fan aimed at the insides.

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:42:44 +0100, in
    <>
    Derek White scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Derek White

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:52:55 +0100, in
    <>
    Derek White scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Check for overheating. Make sure that your fans are working
    >> correctly; clean the inside of your box so that it is free of
    >> dirt and dust. You can use a can of compressed air to do this.
    >>
    >> Try running the machine with the case cover off and a desktop
    >> fan aimed at the insides.
    >>

    >Thanks Mike. I appreciate your advice.

    You're welcome. I did mean to add that a siren-like noise is
    usually the BIOS telling you that things are running hot, or
    sometimes that voltages are out of spec.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 14, 2003