    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Monsignor Larville Jones MD Spilled my beer when they jumped on the
    table and proclaimed in <>:

    > Bill Reynolds <> wrote:
    >
    >>Need a good program...

    > http://www.mirc.com

    Or Pirc, or even Trillian, if the OP also uses one or more of the IM
    proggies.

    www.ceruleanstudios.com

    NOI
    Thund3rstruck, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Thund3rstruck <> wrote:

    >Monsignor Larville Jones MD Spilled my beer when they jumped on the
    >table and proclaimed in <>:
    >
    >> Bill Reynolds <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Need a good program...

    >> http://www.mirc.com

    > Or Pirc, or even Trillian, if the OP also uses one or more of the IM
    >proggies.
    >
    > www.ceruleanstudios.com
    >
    > NOI

    Are either of these two as infinitely-configurable as mIRC? Although I
    am somewhat of a fan, I'm fairly certain that Trillian isn't. Can't
    comment on Pirc (ISTR that being a Mac port (or was that Pirch?)), but
    I doubt there's such a wealth of scripts, tutorials, addons, etc. that
    exist for mIRC and it's gargantuan user-base.

    Personally, when a user asks for a recommendation, I eschew the
    'boilerplate' responses others consider helpful, that contain every
    possible related URL. It may look impressive to the casual n00bserver,
    but likely does nothing more than add to the OPs confusion.

    Far better to suggest the acme than the also-rans, no?

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 20, 2003