Re: iPOD & MP3's

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by SlowLearner, Jan 27, 2009.

  1. SlowLearner

    SlowLearner Guest

    On Jan 27, 12:20 pm, Peter M <> wrote:
    > What is the easiest way to add MP's  to a Ipod,dont say itunes as I hate in, does not fit
    > into my Partition set ups..
    >
    > I am only used to USB Drive type MP3 Players, ie the ones that work as a Drive not as a
    > Device, I think there is a way to change a Ipod to a USB Drive, but then again I am not a
    > Ipod fan..

    You could try Amarok for Windows.

    http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Download

    I have not used it under windows but it works with my wifes Ipod (and
    my Samsung MTP gizmo) under linux. Support for the current generation
    of Ipod Nano is not perfect yet (it does music ok but covers don't
    work all the time, my understanding is that the 'fix' is upstream).
    SlowLearner, Jan 27, 2009

  2. SlowLearner

    Peter M Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:03:47 -0800 (PST), SlowLearner <> wrote:

    >On Jan 27, 12:20 pm, Peter M <> wrote:
    >> What is the easiest way to add MP's  to a Ipod,dont say itunes as I hate in, does not fit
    >> into my Partition set ups..
    >>
    >> I am only used to USB Drive type MP3 Players, ie the ones that work as a Drive not as a
    >> Device, I think there is a way to change a Ipod to a USB Drive, but then again I am not a
    >> Ipod fan..

    >You could try Amarok for Windows.
    >
    >http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Download
    >
    >I have not used it under windows but it works with my wifes Ipod (and
    >my Samsung MTP gizmo) under linux. Support for the current generation
    >of Ipod Nano is not perfect yet (it does music ok but covers don't
    >work all the time, my understanding is that the 'fix' is upstream).

    Thanks will give it a try.

    You can flash your Samsung to MSC. I did on my T10, turns my T10 to a USB Drive, not as a
    Device.

    http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

    http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Download

    That site is a utter pain tool me 10 mins to find how to dnload it, why can sites just
    have a simple dnload button, I have come across site that have some 6 pages to get to the
    dnload one..
    Peter M, Jan 27, 2009

  3. In message <>, Peter M wrote:

    > http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Download
    >
    > That site is a utter pain tool me 10 mins to find how to dnload it...

    Googling "amarok" gave <http://amarok.kde.org/> as the first hit. And the
    top right of that very page has a large "Download Amarok" link -- how could
    you miss it?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 27, 2009
  4. SlowLearner

    oneofus Guest

    Peter M wrote:
    > On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:03:47 -0800 (PST), SlowLearner <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Jan 27, 12:20 pm, Peter M <> wrote:
    >>> What is the easiest way to add MP's to a Ipod,dont say itunes as I hate in, does not fit
    >>> into my Partition set ups..
    >>>
    >>> I am only used to USB Drive type MP3 Players, ie the ones that work as a Drive not as a
    >>> Device, I think there is a way to change a Ipod to a USB Drive, but then again I am not a
    >>> Ipod fan..

    >> You could try Amarok for Windows.
    >>
    >> http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Download
    >>
    >> I have not used it under windows but it works with my wifes Ipod (and
    >> my Samsung MTP gizmo) under linux. Support for the current generation
    >> of Ipod Nano is not perfect yet (it does music ok but covers don't
    >> work all the time, my understanding is that the 'fix' is upstream).

    > Thanks will give it a try.
    >
    > You can flash your Samsung to MSC. I did on my T10, turns my T10 to a USB Drive, not as a
    > Device.
    >

    > http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    >

    > http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Download
    >
    > That site is a utter pain tool me 10 mins to find how to dnload it, why can sites just
    > have a simple dnload button, I have come across site that have some 6 pages to get to the
    > dnload one..

    Try MediaMonkey
    http://www.mediamonkey.com/
    oneofus, Jan 27, 2009