    account (which despite rumours to the contrary is still free to me, at
    least I've never been asked to pay anything for it..!)

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Feb 7, 2009

  2. Ivor Jones

    Mark Ingle Guest

    Ivor Jones <> wrote:

    > That's correct. I remember bringing it up with them and they said it would
    > be resolved but I never heard any more. I point my IPKall number at a FWD
    > account (which despite rumours to the contrary is still free to me, at

    Thanks for the replies. The account would be used for a member of my
    family. Between us we have a couple of Draytel accounts for which the
    IPKall number does work, plus the Sipgate one, so it looks like I may
    have to donate my FritzBox, which will give them the flexibility of
    having multiple accounts with different providers.

    I suppose it may be an excuse for me to get the 7270 FritzBox; though
    that is a bit OTT for my requirements, the s/h Fritzboxes and Draytel
    Vigors do not seem to be good value on eBay at the moment.
    Mark Ingle, Feb 8, 2009

  3. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:1iuua45.1w1e8n5m14mmN%,
    Mark Ingle <> typed, for some strange,
    unexplained reason:
    : Ivor Jones <> wrote:
    : >
    : > That's correct. I remember bringing it up with them and they said
    : > it would be resolved but I never heard any more. I point my IPKall
    : > number at a FWD account (which despite rumours to the contrary is
    : > still free to me, at
    : >
    :
    : I suppose it may be an excuse for me to get the 7270 FritzBox; though
    : that is a bit OTT for my requirements, the s/h Fritzboxes and Draytel
    : Vigors do not seem to be good value on eBay at the moment.

    The 7270 is a bit OTT, I have the 7170 which suits my needs, 3 phone ports
    and 4 LAN plus WLAN & USB. AVM have just released new firmware which also
    gives it a built in answerphone amongst other things but I haven't managed
    to get that to work so far.

    For some strange reason Sipgate don't sell the 7170 in the UK (although
    they do in Germany) but I got mine at www.voipon.co.uk

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Feb 8, 2009
  4. "Ivor Jones" <> schreef in bericht

    > For some strange reason Sipgate don't sell the 7170 in the UK (although
    > they do in Germany) but I got mine at www.voipon.co.uk

    You can easely buy a 2nd hand German 7170 on ebay.de for max 50.00 EUR
    and convert to english / annex A
    Philippe
    Philippe Deleye, Feb 13, 2009
  5. Ivor Jones

    Mark Ingle Guest

    Philippe Deleye <> wrote:

    > You can easely buy a 2nd hand German 7170 on ebay.de for max 50.00 EUR
    > and convert to english / annex A

    Yes, you're right; the 7170s seem to be going for 41-46 Euro on ebay.de
    atm. However, if you don't understand German, it can be rather difficult
    to ascertain whether they will send to UK, since these items are not
    available on ebay.co.uk
    Mark Ingle, Feb 14, 2009
  6. Mark Ingle a écrit :
    > Philippe Deleye <> wrote:
    >
    >> You can easely buy a 2nd hand German 7170 on ebay.de for max 50.00 EUR
    >> and convert to english / annex A

    > Yes, you're right; the 7170s seem to be going for 41-46 Euro on ebay.de
    > atm. However, if you don't understand German, it can be rather difficult
    > to ascertain whether they will send to UK, since these items are not
    > available on ebay.co.uk

    If you are logged in "my ebay", you will see the delivery costs to your
    location just at the right of the last bid.
    This is only possible if the seller made the calculation, if not you
    just send a message to ask him; but not everyone answers and not all
    items are at reasonable price, so I should advice to contact 3 or 4 at
    the same time. Do not hesitate to write in english, "how much does it
    cost to send it to ......" is easy to understand.

    --
    Cordialement,
    ________________

    __o
    _'\(,_
    (_)/ (_)
    André Tuytschaver, Feb 14, 2009
  7. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:4995e843$0$2860$,
    Philippe Deleye <> typed, for some strange,
    unexplained reason:
    : > (although they do in Germany) but I got mine at www.voipon.co.uk
    : >
    : You can easely buy a 2nd hand German 7170 on ebay.de for max 50.00 EUR
    : and convert to english / annex A
    : Philippe

    Aren't there hardware differences between Annex A and B devices..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Feb 14, 2009
  8. Ivor Jones

    Mark Ingle Guest

    André Tuytschaver <> wrote:

    > If you are logged in "my ebay", you will see the delivery costs to your
    > location just at the right of the last bid.
    > This is only possible if the seller made the calculation, if not you
    > just send a message to ask him; but not everyone answers and not all

    Thanks for that tip; I will try that!
    Mark Ingle, Feb 15, 2009
  9. Ivor Jones

    alexd Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > In news:4995e843$0$2860$,
    > Philippe Deleye <> typed

    > : You can easely buy a 2nd hand German 7170 on ebay.de for max 50.00 EUR
    > : and convert to english / annex A
    > : Philippe
    >
    > Aren't there hardware differences between Annex A and B devices..?

    You would think so, but it would make sense for AVM to use a chipset that
    can do either at the flick of a software switch, that way they only have
    one SKU to keep track of which keeps costs down.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    19:27:28 up 72 days, 21:39, 2 users, load average: 0.04, 0.12, 0.15
    alexd, Feb 15, 2009