Re: IPKall with Sipgate

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Soruk, Feb 7, 2009.

  1. Soruk

    Soruk Guest

    On 2009-02-07, Jono <> wrote:
    > Mark Ingle formulated on Saturday :
    >> I'm trying out a sipgate account on my Starcom phone, and it is working
    >> great for incoming and outgoing local calls.
    >>
    >> I did a web search and some have reported that they have had no problems
    >> registering an IPKall US phone number with Sipgate, but I can't get it
    >> to work. I initially thought that it might take longer to set the
    >> service up, but it has been a couple of days and it still isn't working.
    >>
    >> There are not really any settings to configure, apart from the SIP proxy
    >> which I have put as sipgate.co.uk
    >>
    >> Any ideas? When someone tried to phone me yesterday they said the phone
    >> just kept on ringing; I tried a couple of times today from my Draytel
    >> account, and I just got a long period of silence followed by a busy
    >> tone.
    >>
    >> Thank you for signing up. Your IPKall phone number is: 253-xxx-xxx.
    >> SIP Phone Number: xxxxxx
    >> SIP Proxy: sipgate.co.uk

    > I seem to recall that some changes at Sipgate a couple of years ago
    > meant that IPKall numbers could no longer be pointed at Sipgate...

    Can your ATA or other SIP hardware manage more than one account at a
    time? If so, get a free SIP account at ekiga.net - IPKall works fine
    with them.

    MySipSwitch.com might be worth looking at too if you can only manage one
    or two SIP accounts with your hardware, but note the Betamax services
    don't work well (if at all) through this.

    Soruk, Feb 7, 2009

  2. Soruk

    sipSdkGuru Guest

    On Feb 7, 5:01 pm, Soruk <> wrote:
    > On 2009-02-07, Jono <> wrote:
    >

    > > Mark Ingle formulated on Saturday :
    > >> I'm trying out a sipgate account on my Starcom phone, and it is working
    > >> great for incoming and outgoing local calls.

    > >> I did a web search and some have reported that they have had no problems
    > >> registering an IPKall US phone number with Sipgate, but I can't get it
    > >> to work. I initially thought that it might take longer to set the
    > >> service up, but it has been a couple of days and it still isn't working.

    > >> There are not really any settings to configure, apart from the SIP proxy
    > >> which I have put as sipgate.co.uk

    > >> Any ideas? When someone tried to phone me yesterday they said the phone
    > >> just kept on ringing; I tried a couple of times today from my Draytel
    > >> account, and I just got a long period of silence followed by a busy
    > >> tone.

    > >> Thank you for signing up. Your IPKall phone number is: 253-xxx-xxx.
    > >> SIP Phone Number: xxxxxx
    > >> SIP Proxy: sipgate.co.uk

    > > I seem to recall that some changes at Sipgate a couple of years ago
    > > meant that IPKall numbers could no longer be pointed at Sipgate...

    > Can your ATA or other SIP hardware manage more than one account at a
    > time? If so, get afree SIP accountat ekiga.net - IPKall works fine
    > with them.
    >
    > MySipSwitch.com might be worth looking at too if you can only manage one
    > or two SIP accounts with your hardware, but note the Betamax services
    > don't work well (if at all) through this.
    >
    > --
    > -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell         Eridani Star System
    >    MailStripper -http://www.MailStripper.eu/- SMTP spam filter
    >    Second Number -http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

    I tried this and it fits my needs.
    VoIP.aspx</a>