Re: iPhone shutter release app.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Whisky-dave, Apr 23, 2013.

  1. Whisky-dave

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:10:18 AM UTC+1, Alan Browne wrote:
    > I stumbled on a neat app today for the iPhone called Triggertrap.
    >

    > It allows you to do all sorts of shutter triggering from the iPhone.
    >

    > (delayed shots, intervalometer, sound trigger, vibration trigger, facial
    >
    > recognition trigger (not really sure what that does yet), astro stacker,
    >
    > HDR stacks, magnetic trigger, motion detector, Bramping, WiFi remote,
    >
    > release and simply cable release...).
    >

    > Each app has appropriate sliders/controls for frequency, delay, number,
    >
    > etc. as appropriate to the mode.
    >

    > All these functions will photograph with the built in camera(s).
    >

    > To trigger a SLR you need an adaptor - (ordered - CAD$43 with S&H from
    >
    > the UK) that plugs to the audio jack.

    Any chance of a bit more info, who are S&H ?
    where's the links ;-0
    Whisky-dave, Apr 23, 2013

  2. Whisky-dave

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:55:35 PM UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-04-23 03:54:38 -0700, Whisky-dave <> said:
    >

    > > On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:10:18 AM UTC+1, Alan Browne wrote:

    > >> I stumbled on a neat app today for the iPhone called Triggertrap.

    > << Le Snip >>
    >

    > > Any chance of a bit more info, who are S&H ?

    > > where's the links ;-0

    > S&H = "Shipping & Handling"

    We don't have S&H in the UK it's P&P post and packing.

    and when I went to the site and search for...

    No search results
    Your search for "CAD$43" did not yield any results. Try searching for something else.

    I'm still a litle confused at having a cable to the phone.

    Anyway I'm looking to build my own one soon for a canon, once I've built it I'll have to buy a camera to go with it, might even take some photos.

    also considering this now.
    http://shop.triggertrap.com/collections/open-hardware/products/triggertrap-shield-for-arduino

    as my current work related project is learning the Arduino boards and system.

    On a PC because in my next life I'm going do somethiung really 'orrible.

    Whisky-dave, Apr 24, 2013

  3. Whisky-dave

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:32:56 PM UTC+1, Alan Browne wrote:

    > >> To trigger a SLR you need an adaptor - (ordered - CAD$43 with S&H from

    > >> the UK) that plugs to the audio jack.

    > > Any chance of a bit more info, who are S&H ?

    > > where's the links ;-0

    > Puh-leaze - there's more than enough info there.

    can;t find the lead you brought.

    > S&H are those great companies called "Shipping" and "Handling". Merger
    >
    > rumours I hear as the stock price is going up...

    Not really common in the UK, we call it P&P, I though the S&H were a outletlike B&H or M&S and after not being able to fidn the lead either....

    > What's with your newsreader's irritating insertion of extra lines?

    No idea it only happens when replying to other peoples posts, do you enter a line feed or carraige return after every line. I don't always I use line wrapping and when I read my own posts I don;t always get double lines I usually do when replying as I have with yours are now double spaced and mine aren't.
    Whisky-dave, Apr 24, 2013
  4. Alan Browne <> wrote:
    > On 2013.04.23 06:54 , Whisky-dave wrote:

    [lots of empty lines interspersed by a few lines of text]

    > What's with your newsreader's irritating insertion of extra lines?

    He posts through the atrocious Google abomination of a wannabe
    newsreader. A sure sign of the terminally stupid, terminally
    drunk or terminally lazy people --- or those posting from work.

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, May 3, 2013
  5. Whisky-dave

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Friday, May 3, 2013 1:46:02 AM UTC+1, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    > Alan Browne <> wrote:
    >
    > > On 2013.04.23 06:54 , Whisky-dave wrote:

    > [lots of empty lines interspersed by a few lines of text]
    >

    > > What's with your newsreader's irritating insertion of extra lines?

    > He posts through the atrocious Google abomination of a wannabe
    >
    > newsreader. A sure sign of the terminally stupid, terminally
    >
    > drunk or terminally lazy people --- or those posting from work.
    >

    > -Wolfgang

    Posting from work, intresting you can;t tell teh differnece. My virgin media (ISP) doesn;t carry the NGs I've have used in the past so reluctant to use their system. I also see your lines are split but I've learnt not to get upset about it.
    Whisky-dave, May 3, 2013
  6. On 5/3/13 2:46 AM, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    > He posts through the atrocious Google abomination of a wannabe
    > newsreader. A sure sign of the terminally stupid, terminally
    > drunk or terminally lazy people --- or those posting from work.

    By definition, one can only post acceptable contributions to newsgroups
    from the command line of Linux?
    ;-)

    Don't I discern some kind of rampant racism in your utterances?

    --
    One computer and three operating systems, not the other way round.
    One wife and many hotels, not the other way round ! ;-)
    Laszlo Lebrun, May 4, 2013
  7. On 5/4/13 6:08 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
    > On Sat, 04 May 2013 04:48:38 +0200, Laszlo Lebrun
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 5/3/13 2:46 AM, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    >>> He posts through the atrocious Google abomination of a wannabe
    >>> newsreader. A sure sign of the terminally stupid, terminally
    >>> drunk or terminally lazy people --- or those posting from work.

    >> By definition, one can only post acceptable contributions to newsgroups
    >>from the command line of Linux?
    >> ;-)
    >>
    >> Don't I discern some kind of rampant racism in your utterances?

    > No I don't think so. The Google news reader has some abominable habits
    > and Wolfgang is right to describe it as he has.

    That's OK.
    > He also fairly
    > acknowledged that Whisky-dave has no real control over what he posts
    > with as he uses the news reader provided at the place he works.

    You call "sure sign of the terminally stupid, terminally
    drunk or terminally lazy people" fairly? What is then an insult?

    > I write these coments from a machine running Windows 7/64 with the aid
    > of Agent Version 7/32. Nothing Linux about me.

    You can write a poem with your finger and a piece of mud and utter the
    worst idiocies with a Mont-Blanc fountain pen on a Bristol.
    If you see what I mean?

    Laszlo Lebrun, May 4, 2013
  8. Laszlo Lebrun <> wrote:
    > On 5/3/13 2:46 AM, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

    >> He posts through the atrocious Google abomination of a wannabe
    >> newsreader. A sure sign of the terminally stupid, terminally
    >> drunk or terminally lazy people --- or those posting from work.

    > By definition, one can only post acceptable contributions to newsgroups
    > from the command line of Linux?
    > ;-)

    Naah.
    I don't care how you manage to post coherent and formally
    correct postings.

    > Don't I discern some kind of rampant racism in your utterances?

    Sure, because Google users are all of one or two races, and all
    members of these 2 races use Google. The race of the terminally
    stupid (skin colour 'stupid palid'), terminally drunk (skin
    colour 'guinnes') and terminally lazy (skin colours 'dirty').

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, May 7, 2013
  9. Eric Stevens <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 3 May 2013 05:32:12 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave

    >>> [lots of empty lines interspersed by a few lines of text]

    >>> He posts through the atrocious Google abomination of a wannabe

    >>> newsreader. A sure sign of the terminally stupid, terminally

    >>> drunk or terminally lazy people --- or those posting from work.

    >>Posting from work, intresting you can;t tell teh differnece. My virgin media (ISP) doesn;t carry the NGs I've have used in the past so reluctant to use their system. I also see your lines are split but I've learnt not to get upset about it.

    > I don't find Wolfgang's lines are split. It's your reader.

    Whisky-dave doesn't believe. It's like telling moon hoax
    people that they're wrong. You could dump them on the moon
    and they'd still say noone ever reached the moon.

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, May 7, 2013
  10. Whisky-dave

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:51:27 PM UTC+1, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    > Eric Stevens <> wrote:

    > >>Posting from work, intresting you can;t tell teh differnece. My virgin media (ISP) doesn;t carry the NGs I've have used in the past so reluctant to use their system. I also see your lines are split but I've learnt not to get upset about it.

    > > I don't find Wolfgang's lines are split. It's your reader.

    > Whisky-dave doesn't believe. It's like telling moon hoax
    >
    > people that they're wrong. You could dump them on the moon
    >
    > and they'd still say noone ever reached the moon.

    When I see my owm post as in replying to this my lines are singly spaced yuors are double spaced. I have the3 inteligencve to be able to ignore those blank lines and imagine they are together in one paragraph.

    I also understand that whether someone is drunk or taking drugs is not easily identifiable by looking at a NG post, while others seem to be able to tell a tea totally from an alcoholic.

    As an example I've copy and pasted what I see above.

    > >>Posting from work, intresting you can;t tell teh differnece. My virgin media (ISP) doesn;t carry the NGs I've have used in the past so reluctant to use their system. I also see your lines are split but I've learnt not to get upset about it.

    > > I don't find Wolfgang's lines are split. It's your reader.

    > Whisky-dave doesn't believe. It's like telling moon hoax
    >
    > people that they're wrong. You could dump them on the moon
    >
    > and they'd still say noone ever reached the moon.

    Why doesn't my reader also add extra line to my postings ?
    I don't really care because I have enough spare inteligence to ignore such a thing and bypass it as a problem.
    Whisky-dave, May 8, 2013