Re: IPAQ Bluetooth+ laptop

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by HubSwitch, Sep 25, 2004.

  1. HubSwitch

    HubSwitch Guest

    "I can now only share files via infrared wireless with this. "

    Infrared=light
    wireless=radio waves

    Just wanted to point that out, better go and read a book...
    pref.. the instruction book

    HubSwitch

    HubSwitch, Sep 25, 2004

  2. HubSwitch

    Pavel A. Guest

    "HubSwitch" <-a-geek.com> wrote in message news:cj4ll5$sst$...
    > Infrared=light
    > wireless=radio waves

    IR is wireless too, and often referred as "wireless" in wndows docum.

    > Just wanted to point that out, better go and read a book...
    > pref.. the instruction book

    Ditto.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Sep 25, 2004

  3. HubSwitch

    HubSwitch Guest

    Re: IPAQ Bluetooth+ laptop+light+fire+planes+trains+boats (floating my) LOL

    Ah... yes, correct to a point. it is "controlled with out wires" so to
    speak. And No, it is not wireless as within the newsgroup ie:radio waves
    (802.11a/b/g)...

    Though myself, being of technical nature speaks literally upon it, ie:
    Infrared=light, I have never seen light as a wireless "radio" device and
    hence my literal answer.(and newsgroup listing ).. he was just playing with
    words.

    Appologies (to the dimmer mortals) I was looking at it from a radio sence
    and not the physical one...Cough cough>> check our news group
    "microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless"....[most of the postings is
    to do with 802.11a/b/g Wireless thats radio waves to most bright peeps].
    Even some books are full of dissinformation (missinformation, Factless, with
    fault, wrong, etc etc....shout at the authors for not pointing out for the
    less technically minded.)

    HubSwitch
    PS
    I dont use a <<<<<torch>>>>> to control my equiptment....

    light=photons..??? (you work it out....)
    light=fire....??? (a-light.. burning)
    light=helium.....??? (a-light.. flying)

    Playing with your mind..

    HubSwitch, Sep 26, 2004
  4. Re: IPAQ Bluetooth+ laptop+light+fire+planes+trains+boats (floating my) LOL

    > Ah... yes, correct to a point. it is "controlled with out wires" so to
    > speak. And No, it is not wireless as within the newsgroup ie:radio waves
    > (802.11a/b/g)...
    >
    > Though myself, being of technical nature speaks literally upon it, ie:
    > Infrared=light, I have never seen light as a wireless "radio" device and
    > hence my literal answer.(and newsgroup listing ).. he was just playing

    with
    > words.
    >
    > Appologies (to the dimmer mortals) I was looking at it from a radio sence
    > and not the physical one...Cough cough>> check our news group
    > "microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless"....[most of the postings is
    > to do with 802.11a/b/g Wireless thats radio waves to most bright peeps].
    > Even some books are full of dissinformation (missinformation, Factless,

    with
    > fault, wrong, etc etc....shout at the authors for not pointing out for the
    > less technically minded.)

    In Windows XP Home, the IR link is refered to in the control panel as
    "Wireless link". It flummoxed me for a second when I bought my shiney new
    laptop equipped, so the blurb said, with an IR link but no built in
    wireless. But I am one of those technical bods so I knew it could never be
    so.

    However - I wouldn't refer to anyone who didn'tt know that already as a
    "dimmer mortal". Perhaps a little humilty might serve you well old chap, wot
    wot ?

    Rachael
    Rachael the Wiccan Rat, Sep 26, 2004
  5. HubSwitch

    HubSwitch Guest

    Re: IPAQ Bluetooth+ laptop+light+fire+planes+trains+boats (floating my) LOL

    ""However - I wouldn't refer to anyone who didn'tt know that already as a
    "dimmer mortal". Perhaps a little humilty might serve you well old chap, wot
    wot ?""

    There are too many thick people in a world of too few with brains! hell...
    Life is humility dear

    But newsgroups such as this one ( like as many others), is pure humor dear
    :O) shake a leg........ LOL

    HubSwitch de humbug

    HubSwitch, Sep 27, 2004