Re: iPad question re iBooks availability

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by trueone, Feb 25, 2011.

  1. trueone

    trueone Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We have got an iPad and loaded the iBooks app.
    > The iBookstore only seems to show free books.
    > How do you access all the books you pay for?
    >
    > TIA
    > Reg

    I have the Ipad but havent looked at ibooks for a while. Ibooks was not and
    I am fairly sure still not available for buying books in New Zealand. I use
    the Kindle app with heaps of books and have a few with the Whitcoulls App.
    Much prefer Kindle app. A few years ago I had bought about 20 ebooks from
    Powells bookstore in the us and they were in standard pdf format. They work
    really well and pleasure to read with the Ibooks app.

    trueone, Feb 25, 2011

  2. In message <>,
    wrote:

    > The Kindle app is very good.

    Except I believe it won’t read the most common e-book format, which is EPUB.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 25, 2011

  3. trueone

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 23:17:07 +1300, "trueone" <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> We have got an iPad and loaded the iBooks app.
    >> The iBookstore only seems to show free books.
    >> How do you access all the books you pay for?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >> Reg

    >I have the Ipad but havent looked at ibooks for a while. Ibooks was not and
    >I am fairly sure still not available for buying books in New Zealand. I use
    >the Kindle app with heaps of books and have a few with the Whitcoulls App.
    >Much prefer Kindle app. A few years ago I had bought about 20 ebooks from
    >Powells bookstore in the us and they were in standard pdf format. They work
    >really well and pleasure to read with the Ibooks app.

    There are a number of eBook resources on the Internet. Just Google and
    wade through them. It looks like you can also buy eBooks for iPad from
    Amazon.com ... not sure what's happening with Borders or Whitcoulls
    online.

    In addition:

    http://m.feedbooks.com/?format=mobile

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBooks

    I understand that you can also use a popular freeware programme called
    Calibre to convert many eBook formats to ones that will work on an
    iPad - also Apple computers. But you'd have to do some homework on
    this.

    http://calibre-ebook.com/

    Donchano, Feb 25, 2011
  4. On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 11:49:29 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In message <>,
    >wrote:
    >
    >> The Kindle app is very good.

    >Except I believe it won’t read the most common e-book format, which is EPUB.

    And PDF files Plus no Colour from what I have read.

    William Brown, Feb 26, 2011