Re: IP Flooding

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Stephen K. Gielda, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. In article <rup0b.46046$>, hamish2444
    @yahoo.com says...
    > I have a Win2K server that is demonstrating signs of IP spoofing and Denial
    > of Service. The server connects to the internet via a DUN connection shared
    > using ICS. In the last two days the network has slowed to nothing and
    > several network apps including mail and web access have failed while trying
    > to access resources on the server or on the external network.
    >
    > I have noticed that while the DUN connection is active the modem and DUN
    > properties indicates a constant stream of data being uploaded from the
    > server. The network functions normally when the DUN connection is disabled.
    >
    > The problem is not ISP specific as I have tried alternates. There is no
    > firewall present (please no lectures, its not my network).
    >
    > Can anyone help me to isolate the cause of this problem?

    Have you tried running netmon or another sniffer? Until you actually
    look at the data all you can do is guess.

    /steve
    --
    Check out Cotse's Privacy Watch.
    A comprehensive information resource.