Re: IP Cam to NAS recording solution?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Matt Ion, Jan 13, 2011.

  1. Matt Ion

    Matt Ion Guest

    On 3/11/2010 07:41, John wrote:
    > How do you set up an IP camera to record directly to a NAS on your LAN
    > without any computer system being switched on? In addition to it
    > capturing images to remote server on the web? Is it possible to do
    > this and if so what would you specify as the network path?

    The easiest way to do it is to use a NAS that supports direct camera
    recording, and cameras that it specifically supports. We use QNAP NAS
    arrays regularly, they support several IP cams in addition to other
    standard NAS functions. QNAP also makes dedicated NAS units.

    Network path is not required - you simply tell the NAS the address of
    the supported camera(s) and it operates as an NVR.

    For remote recording, you could use a NAS the same way, connecting to
    the camera via VPN.
    Matt Ion, Jan 13, 2011