Re: IP address

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, Mar 30, 2009.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    John Whitaker wrote:
    > I'm running Windows XP, SP3. How can I find the IP address of my pc
    > please?

    The IP address of your XP is not necessarily the IP address which is
    interacting with the internet if there is a network device such as a
    router between you and the internet.

    ipconfig shows your IP, but that IP might be a translated address

    How your computer is seen 'to others' on the internet may be different
    from that, and can be seen by such as the IP Chicken, a WhatIsMyIP type
    site http://www.ipchicken.com/

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 30, 2009