Re: IP address dispalyed on desktop , how

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bucky Breeder, Nov 12, 2010.

  1. Information <> via

    > Id like my ip address to b permantly displayed on my desktop
    > somehow , updating ..say every 5 mins or so , and capable of
    > being COPY/PASTE
    >
    > im tunning XP
    >
    > any ideas

    You could have problems if you're using a router...

    But not with this one:

    http://keir.net/ip2.html

    Google for one you like better. Your IP is normally
    not going to change in the middle of a session. You
    could just launch the interface, then bump the button
    everytime you think about it and see what kind of
    patterns you perceive; then go from there. Perhaps,
    use a macro to bump the button every 5 minutes; but
    likely, you'll find you don't need that at all.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 12, 2010