Re: Invoice numbering ......

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Malcolm, Aug 20, 2007.

  1. Malcolm

    Malcolm Guest

    On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:57:43 +1200
    Fred Dagg <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 20:52:09 +1200, Mark Robinson
    > <2tod.net> exclaimed:
    >
    > >Fred Dagg wrote:
    > >> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:48:39 +1200, "Caught" <>
    > >> exclaimed:
    > >>
    > >>> Once a Template for the invoice is established how do you
    > >>>
    > >>> 'program' Excel that every time a new invoice is prodced it will
    > >>> be numbered accordingly.
    > >>>
    > >>> For example 1000 then 1001 then 1002 etc..
    > >>>
    > >>> Many thanks in advance.
    > >>>
    > >> IRD don't like you using Excel/Word for invoices, as it means they
    > >> can be changed once they're issued.
    > >>
    > >> If they audit you, they'll tell you to change.
    > >>
    > >> Better to spend a couple of hundred on MYOB or something.

    > >
    > >Never mind Fred, He's making things up again.
    > >
    > >http://www.ird.govt.nz/gst/records/tax-invoices/

    >
    > Hey, fuckhead, I'm not making anything up, and the link doesn't
    > dispute anything I've said. Go ask an accountant or IRD if you don't
    > believe me.
    >
    > What a wanktard. The world would be a better place if losers like you
    > were hit by a bus.

    Hi
    Went through a GST audit in lets see around 2000. I used excel for
    vehicle log, invoices, purchase orders and all my accounts. IRD had
    no problems that I was aware of, even took an electronic copy with me...

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 SP1 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.46-0.14-smp
    up 6:50, 2 users, load average: 0.10, 0.13, 0.07
     
    Malcolm, Aug 20, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. In message <>, Malcolm wrote:

    > Went through a GST audit in lets see around 2000. I used excel for
    > vehicle log, invoices, purchase orders and all my accounts. IRD had
    > no problems that I was aware of, even took an electronic copy with me...


    Would this have something to do with whether you account for GST on an
    invoice basis or a payments basis?
     
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 21, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Malcolm

    Caught Guest

    "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    news:fae6ir$3n6$...
    > In message <>, Malcolm
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Went through a GST audit in lets see around 2000. I used excel for
    >> vehicle log, invoices, purchase orders and all my accounts. IRD had
    >> no problems that I was aware of, even took an electronic copy with me...

    >
    > Would this have something to do with whether you account for GST on an
    > invoice basis or a payments basis?


    Lawrence

    I simply looking for a away to invoice clients and have a numbered and dated
    invoice ..... do you know of a way by which I can get excel to do this?
     
    Caught, Aug 21, 2007
    #3
  4. In message <fae7tr$6r4$>, Caught wrote:

    > Lawrence
    >
    > I simply looking for a away to invoice clients and have a numbered and
    > dated invoice ..... do you know of a way by which I can get excel to do
    > this?


    You are specifically asking me, personally? I, personally, would not use
    Excel for such a thing. If I were looking for a way to automate the small
    handful of invoices I generate each month (which admittedly I should do at
    some point), I would probably look at something involving a script that
    pulled records out of a MySQL database and generated PDF files according to
    some template. Assuming OpenOffice doesn't already offer a way to do
    that...
     
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 21, 2007
    #4
  5. Malcolm

    Malcolm Guest

    On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 20:11:26 +1200
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:

    > In message <>, Malcolm
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Went through a GST audit in lets see around 2000. I used excel for
    > > vehicle log, invoices, purchase orders and all my accounts. IRD had
    > > no problems that I was aware of, even took an electronic copy with
    > > me...

    >
    > Would this have something to do with whether you account for GST on an
    > invoice basis or a payments basis?

    To be honest I have no idea :) I was just glad to get though it
    without any issues.....

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 SP1 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.46-0.14-smp
    up 1 day 10:53, 2 users, load average: 0.09, 0.13, 0.09
     
    Malcolm, Aug 21, 2007
    #5
  6. Malcolm

    Rob S Guest

    Caught wrote:
    > "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    > news:fae6ir$3n6$...
    >> In message <>, Malcolm
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Went through a GST audit in lets see around 2000. I used excel for
    >>> vehicle log, invoices, purchase orders and all my accounts. IRD had
    >>> no problems that I was aware of, even took an electronic copy with me...

    >> Would this have something to do with whether you account for GST on an
    >> invoice basis or a payments basis?

    >
    > Lawrence
    >
    > I simply looking for a away to invoice clients and have a numbered and dated
    > invoice ..... do you know of a way by which I can get excel to do this?
    >
    >

    Not much help, are they? Instead of offering a solution, they'd much
    rather tear you to bits for using excel.

    Go to microsoft.com and have a search for excel invoice template. I
    think there are a few there which should do the job of creating a tidy
    invoice with auto-numbering, gst etc.

    --

    Rob
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    http://www.aspir8or.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



    Windows 3.1 - The best $89 solitaire game you can buy.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     
    Rob S, Aug 21, 2007
    #6
  7. In article <46cb563f$>, Rob S <Here@home> wrote:
    >Caught wrote:
    >> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    >> news:fae6ir$3n6$...
    >>> In message <>, Malcolm
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Went through a GST audit in lets see around 2000. I used excel for
    >>>> vehicle log, invoices, purchase orders and all my accounts. IRD had
    >>>> no problems that I was aware of, even took an electronic copy with me...
    >>> Would this have something to do with whether you account for GST on an
    >>> invoice basis or a payments basis?

    >>
    >> I simply looking for a away to invoice clients and have a numbered and dated
    >> invoice ..... do you know of a way by which I can get excel to do this?
    >>
    >>

    >Not much help, are they? Instead of offering a solution, they'd much
    >rather tear you to bits for using excel.
    >
    >Go to microsoft.com and have a search for excel invoice template. I
    >think there are a few there which should do the job of creating a tidy
    >invoice with auto-numbering, gst etc.


    Or ask in the xl news group. The chances are good that one of the helpful
    people there will either have exactly what you want ... or write code for
    you :) :)
     
    Bruce Sinclair, Aug 22, 2007
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Tony
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    485
  2. Barnze

    Re-numbering photos

    Barnze, Nov 2, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    3,604
  3. scribner

    Word numbering

    scribner, Nov 3, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    556
    scribner
    Nov 4, 2003
  4. Jones

    Creating a simple Invoice

    Jones, May 30, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    21
    Views:
    10,822
    Toolman Tim
    May 30, 2005
  5. Caught

    Invoice numbering ......

    Caught, Aug 20, 2007, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    18
    Views:
    676
    JohnO
    Aug 22, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page