Re: invalid IP address?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by mike, Sep 16, 2004.

  1. mike

    mike Guest

    try ipconfig /? (in a dos prompt window)
    then the /all cmd
    then try refresh all

    mike

    "thecitrusavenger" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > i have a toshiba satelite p15-s470; when i connect to my local cafe's wifi
    > network my laptop says it's connected but wont let my browser open. the
    > connectivity doctor and other problem solving tools say that i have an
    > invalid IP address.(it also said once "automatic private IP address) i use
    > this wifi network often but this just happened now. their access point is
    > fine . what can i do?

    ---
    mike, Sep 16, 2004

  2. Thanks, i tried it but it didn't work. any more suggestions?

    =?Utf-8?B?dGhlY2l0cnVzYXZlbmdlcg==?=, Sep 17, 2004

  3. mike

    TW Guest

    Start|Run| type CMD then hit enter
    From this command prompt type ipconfig/release